Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Double Seven-hen - Vol. 3 Ch. 30 - Two Flawed Magicians

Dex-chan lover
Not quite. This chapter was supposed to confirm how Tomitsuka wasn't getting cocky in the previous chapter because "there proper reason why tomitsuka ask tatsuya for duel" that would be explained in this chapter. However, it seems to have confirmed the opposite.

And what's the part that confirmed 'the opposite' i.e. that he IS getting cocky?

Also isn't it strange you only quoted me and not the other guy who asked you to clarify?

Dex-chan lover
Not quite. This chapter was supposed to confirm how Tomitsuka wasn't getting cocky in the previous chapter because "there proper reason why tomitsuka ask tatsuya for duel" that would be explained in this chapter. However, it seems to have confirmed the opposite.
The duel goes on. Look forward to the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
And what's the part that confirmed 'the opposite' i.e. that he IS getting cocky?

Similar conduct. Lol.

Also isn't it strange you only quoted me and not the other guy who asked you to clarify?

You're the one who misrepresented the related content. If he's checking the thread he should see my post.

The duel goes on. Look forward to the next chapter.

I eagerly await its posting. However, I was surprised to see the author had Shippou acting contradictory to how they presented him in previous chapters. I much prefer when an author writes true to their character rather than twist them to their whim to progress an agenda.

Dex-chan lover
Similar conduct. Lol.

So you're not going to specify it...What was it you said to me before? Something about under scrutiny?

You're the one who misrepresented the related content. If he's checking the thread he should see my post.

Me: "Nah, that guy's talking about how Tomitsuka's 'getting cocky'"
Literally you: "This chapter was supposed to confirm how Tomitsuka wasn't getting cocky.... it seems to have confirmed the opposite.

Do tell what I 'misrepresented the related content' when your own reply confirmed what I said.

EDIT: If you think this is 'contradictory to how they presented him in previous chapters' for Shippou to act this way, it makes me wonder if you even understand ANY of the characters at all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
IT's HEEERE !!!
Friendly match with a classmate use strategic class magic to show superiority LOL
also he knew it wouldn't work that's pretty childish XD
Tanks for the food
For those confused about the duel it was to show shippou that being in the 100 and thousand families is meaningless unless you can back it since tatsuya isn't supposed to be in one as far as they know, cause everyone 2nd year and upper knows that Tasuya could pretty much handle everyone on his own but some first year didn't believe the rumors and are acting cocky (I'd also add* that Tomitsuka is pretty much the only one that could have somewhat of a duel against tatsuya in the whole school since jumonji graduated )

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I much prefer when an author writes true to their character rather than twist them to their whim to progress an agenda
He's just a kid with inferiority complex that was being seduced/brainwashed by that actress on how great he is. Well, now he realizes he's not. It's not a character trait, it's just the way of thinking: now he realizes there's always a bigger fish in the pool.
Tatsuya is opposite of him, which is why they couldn't understand each other. Always hiding his cards/abilities and avoiding attention, while Shippou wanted greatest attention to show off his skills on as great scene as possible. Which is why he didn't join student council and went for clubs, why he duelled with Saegusas, why he was mad at Tatsuya that some lowborn rat messes up his plans to show skill superiority and why it led Tomitsuka to snap in chapter 24 that he couldn't recognize how great of a skill was Tatsuya's gram demolition, magic, magic that Tomitsuka wanted to master but couldn't due to his traits which led to this duel and his plan.
Shippou wanted to show off. Now he sees the real duel between two magicians who are not just talented, but who trained as hard as they could to overcome their inabilities, their flaws.

So you're not going to specify it...What was it you said to me before? Something about under scrutiny?
Also Whimsy a little request of mine: less passive aggressive please. Quote unrelated, rather whole conduct seems a bit too eager to be called friendly.
Just didn't know how to ping you about it. But ofc you're free to do whatever you want 🙂

I looked at the last panel of the previous chapter. After confirming Shippou's health, Tomitsuka "requests" a duel with Tatsuya and even hesitates a little. My interpretation is that of respect to his senior. The only thing missing is the hand-over-fist bow/salute since they're not from the same dojo.

Dex-chan lover

How could I be more specific?

Do tell what I 'misrepresented the related content' when your own reply confirmed what I said.

You said "that this chapter will " ONLY "explain what Tomitsuka's up to". You neglected to mention that this chapter was ALSO "supposed to confirm how Tomitsuka wasn't getting cocky in the previous chapter because 'there proper reason why tomitsuka ask tatsuya for duel'".

Dex-chan lover
He's just a kid with inferiority complex that was being seduced/brainwashed by that actress on how great he is. Well, now he realizes he's not. It's not a character trait, it's just the way of thinking: now he realizes there's always a bigger fish in the pool.
Tatsuya is opposite of him, which is why they couldn't understand each other. Always hiding his cards/abilities and avoiding attention, while Shippou wanted greatest attention to show off his skills on as great scene as possible. Which is why he didn't join student council and went for clubs, why he duelled with Saegusas, why he was mad at Tatsuya that some lowborn rat messes up his plans to show skill superiority and why it led Tomitsuka to snap in chapter 24 that he couldn't recognize how great of a skill was Tatsuya's gram demolition, magic, magic that Tomitsuka wanted to master but couldn't due to his traits which led to this duel and his plan.
Shippou wanted to show off. Now he sees the real duel between two magicians who are not just talented, but who trained as hard as they could to overcome their inabilities, their flaws.

Shippou has a superiority complex actually. You describe it a bit in this post.

Dex-chan lover
How could I be more specific?

points out the specific action that makes him look 'cocky' and explain why you believe so instead of 'trust me bro/just look'
Y'know, the same thing people who tried to tell you why you're wrong did?

because so far you clearly can't even follow what you preached when you can't trust others in the same vein.

You said "that this chapter will " ONLY "explain what Tomitsuka's up to". You neglected to mention that this chapter was ALSO "supposed to confirm how Tomitsuka wasn't getting cocky in the previous chapter because 'there proper reason why tomitsuka ask tatsuya for duel'".

Nah, that guy's talking about how Tomitsuka's 'getting cocky' referring to his own comment in the previous thread that basically got a bunch of replies saying he's wrong and that this chapter will explain what Tomitsuka's up to.
Where's that 'only' part?
And there's a reason why Tomitsuka asked Tatsuya specifically that other characters noticed and even agree with, as even Hattori said it has to be Tatsuya.
Did you even notice that part? Or was that too 'subtle' for you?

Also Whimsy a little request of mine: less passive aggressive please. Quote unrelated, rather whole conduct seems a bit too eager to be called friendly.
Just didn't know how to ping you about it. But ofc you're free to do whatever you want 🙂

I've had this back n forth with the guy since the last chapter and he's showing no sign of getting better, being even more sarcastic/defensive if anything.
I'm not such a tolerant person to keep treating someone who can't even back up their own argument the same.

Dex-chan lover
Shippou has a superiority complex actually. You describe it a bit in this post.
A superiority complex is a defense mechanism that develops over time to help a person cope with feelings of inferiority.
True, used wrong term. Sorry, English is not my first language.
Anyway, he feels afraid of people calling him inferior and tries to fight with it by proving to everyone he's not inferior to anyone. When that doesn't quite work, well, there he goes.

Dex-chan lover
points out the specific action that makes him look 'cocky' and explain why you believe so instead of 'trust me bro/just look'
Hm... you're confusing words again.

I believe I said:
Lol, now this kid's just getting cocky.
This observation stemmed from how Tomitsuka lorded himself over Shippou throughout their duel. By that, I refer to how he looked down on Shippou, stood defenseless in every exchange, and allowed Shippou to recover and attack before ever doing anything. He didn't take Shippou the slightest bit seriously as an opponent. In other words, Tomitsuka went out of his way to rub it in that he was superior.

It was only after that unnecessary display that Tomitsuka decided to challenge Tatsuya. If he merely wanted "to show Shippou what kind of power Tatsuya has" as you said, then there was no point for Tomitsuka and Shippou to have a duel in the first place. Moreover, Tomitsuka could've ended the duel after their first exchange but chose not to. Tomitsuka vs Shippou didn't show off Tatsuya but Tomitsuka made sure he showed off himself.

Y'know, the same thing people who tried to tell you why you're wrong did?
On the contrary, nobody explained why they felt my comment was wrong. At least, not while addressing its content.

Where's that 'only' part?
Did you not read the post you wrote?

Nah, that guy's talking about how Tomitsuka's 'getting cocky' referring to his own comment in the previous thread that basically got a bunch of replies saying he's wrong and that this chapter will explain what Tomitsuka's up to.
The only explanation you acknowledged that this chapter would provide in this statement was "what Tomitsuka's up to".

And there's a reason why Tomitsuka asked Tatsuya specifically that other characters noticed and even agree with, as even Hattori said it has to be Tatsuya.
Did you even notice that part? Or was that too 'subtle' for you?
Um... sure? I don't know what you're trying to get at with that because it still doesn't magically change Tomitsuka's previous behavior.

I've had this back n forth with the guy since the last chapter and he's showing no sign of getting better, being even more sarcastic/defensive if anything.
I'm not such a tolerant person to keep treating someone who can't even back up their own argument the same.
Oh, puppy, I'm sure everyone is aware of how I've been the tolerant one. ^ This is coming from a guy who abandoned his argument for another and still couldn't back up either. Instead, every chapter since has reinforced the truth of my comment, and yet you stubbornly refuse to accept it.

Dex-chan lover
True, used wrong term. Sorry, English is not my first language.
Anyway, he feels afraid of people calling him inferior and tries to fight with it by proving to everyone he's not inferior to anyone. When that doesn't quite work, well, there he goes.
It's no problem. I understand.

Dex-chan lover
This observation stemmed from how Tomitsuka lorded himself over Shippou throughout their duel. By that, I refer to how he looked down on Shippou, stood defenseless in every exchange, and allowed Shippou to recover and attack before ever doing anything. He didn't take Shippou the slightest bit seriously as an opponent. In other words, Tomitsuka went out of his way to rub it in that he was superior.

It was only after that unnecessary display that Tomitsuka decided to challenge Tatsuya. If he merely wanted "to show Shippou what kind of power Tatsuya has" as you said, then there was no point for Tomitsuka and Shippou to have a duel in the first place. Moreover, Tomitsuka could've ended the duel after their first exchange but chose not to. Tomitsuka vs Shippou didn't show off Tatsuya but Tomitsuka made sure he showed off himself.

This is actually the first time you actually bother to clarify your point, so good on you.

That said, have you forgotten what led to this duel?
https://mangadex.org/chapter/6d15ea55-3cd1-414d-840f-beb17935d337/13
https://mangadex.org/chapter/6d15ea55-3cd1-414d-840f-beb17935d337/14
It's because Shippou wasn't willing to listen that Tomitsuka is basically dueling him.
Tomitsuka's shoving the hard truth in his face first, letting Shippou try out his claims and crushing them.

If you think that was 'cocky' and 'unnecessary' then it seems like you really haven't been paying attention to the story.

Did you not read the post you wrote?

I did, did you? There was literally no 'only' in my post.

The only explanation you acknowledged that this chapter would provide in this statement was "what Tomitsuka's up to".

Since reading comprehension failed you, the whole statement of that part was "bunch of replies saying he's wrong and that this chapter will explain what Tomitsuka's up to."
I was referring to the other replies you got. You know there's others who said you were wrong?

This is coming from a guy who abandoned his argument for another and still couldn't back up either. Instead, every chapter since has reinforced the truth of my comment, and yet you stubbornly refuse to accept it.

The 'truth' that turns out to be you have very bad memories to have forgotten what led to this duel?
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure 'everyone' totally agree with you, that's totally why my post had 8 likes while yours...1.

EDIT: forgot this part
On the contrary, nobody explained why they felt my comment was wrong. At least, not while addressing its content.

I'm pretty sure most people thought your 'cocky' part refers to him asking Tatsuya for a duel, because nobody thought him giving Shippou the ego breaking was anything 'cocky' especially considering how the duel came to be.
So if THAT was what you think as 'cocky' then your take was so stupid nobody even considered it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is actually the first time you actually bother to clarify your point, so good on you.

That said, have you forgotten what led to this duel?
https://mangadex.org/chapter/6d15ea55-3cd1-414d-840f-beb17935d337/13
https://mangadex.org/chapter/6d15ea55-3cd1-414d-840f-beb17935d337/14
It's because Shippou wasn't willing to listen that Tomitsuka is basically dueling him.
Tomitsuka's shoving the hard truth in his face first, letting Shippou try out his claims and crushing them.

If you think that was 'cocky' and 'unnecessary' then it seems like you really haven't been paying attention to the story.

I did, did you? There was literally no 'only' in my post.

Since reading comprehension failed you, the whole statement of that part was "bunch of replies saying he's wrong and that this chapter will explain what Tomitsuka's up to."
I was referring to the other replies you got. You know there's others who said you were wrong?

The 'truth' that turns out to be you have very bad memories to have forgotten what led to this duel?
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure 'everyone' totally agree with you, that's totally why my post had 8 likes while yours...1.

EDIT: forgot this part

I'm pretty sure most people thought your 'cocky' part refers to him asking Tatsuya for a duel, because nobody thought him giving Shippou the ego breaking was anything 'cocky' especially considering how the duel came to be.
So if THAT was what you think as 'cocky' then your take was so stupid nobody even considered it.

Dex-chan lover
So you have nothing to say and just post a gif for the 3rd time.

Proud to remain a Shippou I guess.
Oh wait Shippou is looking to get a character growth moment, unlike you who seem to just regress.

Well, I realized that there was no discussion to be had. You, and those who agreed with you, have thrown away reason and placed Tomitsuka on a pedestal.

In your minds Tomitsuka is "good" and Shippou is "bad". If Tomitsuka does something that you feel paints him in a negative light, you'll ignore it and twist irrelevant information together until you believe it makes his actions "justified" as the good guy.

From the very beginning, there was no convincing you otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
Btw, in case someone didn't realize, Tatsuya was trying to use Mist Dispersion on Tomitsuka, the magic that can make people go 'poof'. But it didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread