Kingdom - Ch. 793 - A True Rearguard

Aggregator gang
Commander Akou and General Denrimi RIP. You will be remembered for the thrills you gave. Especially Akou in the conquest of Gyou. Man defied death once, couldn't avert second time thanks to Ri Boku and Shibashou.

Of the Six Generals: Kan Ki is dead, Ou Sen's army has taken a battering, Yo Tan Wa's fate is unknown as of now. Only Moubu and Tou are doing well. Ei Sei's dreams will take a back seat. It'll be interesting to se how he recovers Qin positions. I believe a timeskip is imminent.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, did Ousen just emote?

Also, how the fuck is the Qin offensive even going to continue after this? Both Kanki and now Ousen have taken huge losses, their armies and command structure decimated, in Kanki's case he bought it himself, Heki and his army are still in Riboku's tickle basement, what the fuck is even left? Yotanwa's shit got rocked a couple times, so she's not in the best shape, but she's around. Tou and Moubu are farting around somewhere as well, I guess.
But as I said before, when the Qin take these massive losses in every battle to raise the stakes, they have to run out of soldiers to get impressively cleaved apart by the dozen by the badass of the week eventually.

Dex-chan lover
Historically speaking,
this battle was an absolute bloodbath (much like most in the warring states era), but the outcome was actually more of an overall draw, than a Qin/Zhao victory, so it'll be interesting to see what the Qin characters may pull that will turn the tables.
Also, given that Ousen historically never established his own nation (or even tried to), and was content with being a powerful, but still subservient retainer under Ei Sei, I wonder if the author is using this battle as a turning point for his character.

Last edited:
Historically speaking,
this battle was an absolute bloodbath (much like most in the warring states era), but the outcome was actually more of an overall draw, than a Qin/Zhao victory, so it'll be interesting to see what the Qin characters may pull that will turn the tables.
Also, given that Ousen historically never established his own nation (or even tried to), and was content with being a powerful, but still subservient retainer under Ei Sei, I wonder if the author is using this battle as a turning point for his character.
Man I thought LN spoilers were bad enough, we have spoilers from actual history XD. Can you please spoiler tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double-page supporter
I am actually sad Denrimi died, say what you want about him and how his army but he is the only one among Ousen army who make the right choices throughout this arc. Akou got baited which results in his injuries, I have no doubt he could trade blows with Shibashou if he is fresh. Meanwhile Souou perform the worst, he hesitate a lot and the only one not realising Shibashou aim while Akou and Denrimi noticed it immediately. Meanwhile Denrimi judge enemy intention accurately, decided to sacrifice himself to push Souou to Ousen, and even play the rearguard because Souou cannot retreat properly.

Dex-chan lover
did the author have a change of heart and begin to hate Qin or something? they have been getting ass rammed for several arcs in a row now, Qin is losing 3-4 generals for every 1 Zhao is losing and losing maybe 10 soldiers for every 1 Zhao does. historically accurate or not you don't have to do Qin this dirty, you didn't make the other kingdoms seem this useless when Qin was winning.

Users who are viewing this thread