Seirei Gensouki ~Konna Sekai de Deaeta Kimi ni~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Royalty

What do you mean "its not your fault" it was their idea to bring you back and had you "interogated", I hate how Japanese authors try to write edgy mc's butjust cant get it right, they are either too edgy, or retarded like this.
The only novel/manga that has written a good mc i've read so far is Shield Hero and Eminence in Shadow.
I wish the mc stuck with his gut feeling and didnt save her

Aggregator gang
This chapter glossed over some pivotal character development from the light novel. When Vanessa finds Rio being tortured, she unlocks his restraints and offers her hand to take him to be healed. Rio takes one look at her, says "DON'T TOUCH ME", then loses consciousness. After he awakens, he's taught court etiquette by a handmaiden named Aria before appearing before the king.

@Paan8888
Rio being tortured wasn't Vanessa's fault. She didn't know that cockweasel Charles was gonna try and pin the kidnapping on Rio. He was supposed to be interrogated by one of her subordinates, but power-hungry nobles like "the physical manifestation of douche also known as Charles" will take every opportunity to advance their position.

Double-page supporter
Dude was forcibly dragged by them for interrogation then he was left to be tortured by some unrelated dude and they didn't even care for him....

In his situation I would just promise myself to slaughter them all aside formt hat pink girl. Thry fuckign abandoned him after forcefully dragging him with them, fuck them

Why we always get a fucking dumb mc who allowed himself to be tortured and did not retaliate at all

Dex-chan lover
@Lomeno He just learned he has magic, barely managed to use it for the first time, had magic-sealing shackles put on him and was beaten up while being exhausted. What exactly is he supposed to do? He was taken by surprise after being given no option to refuse.

Double-page supporter
This chapter glossed over some pivotal character development from the light novel. When Vanessa finds Rio being tortured, she unlocks his restraints and offers her hand to take him to be healed. Rio takes one look at her, says "DON'T TOUCH ME", then loses consciousness. After he awakens, he's taught court etiquette by a handmaiden named Aria before appearing before the king.

@Paan8888
Rio being tortured wasn't Vanessa's fault. She didn't know that cockweasel Charles was gonna try and pin the kidnapping on Rio. He was supposed to be interrogated by one of her subordinates, but power-hungry nobles like "the physical manifestation of douche also known as Charles" will take every opportunity to advance their position.
more so than the development, it got over something very human: You don't get beaten up and stay emotionless. Rio was a boy from the slums, okay, and he got roughed up, understandable. But it was not getting punched once in the guts or face, the torturer got him literally hooked up and repeatedly beaten with a club, probably other tools as well. That after he ingenuously trusted that they were only going to ask a few questions and set him free. After waking up, the first reaction - no matter if coming from a boy from the slums or from a grown-up Japanese, would be the same: get on the defense, feel angry, tense and betrayed. That was an absolute failure from the author.

Dex-chan lover
gets tortured relentlessly after putting his life at risk to save someone

"Oh nooo its fineee not your fault dont worry about it~ its not like you're in any way responsible for the actions of those under you~"

I remember now why i stopped reading here

Users who are viewing this thread