Yomei Nikagetsu no Isekai Kenkouhou - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - God's mistake

Dex-chan lover
Nah man, you already learned the techniques, all you would be getting is a better version of your own body. A better version that you built up yourself in the past

Dex-chan lover
Hmm yes God fucked up. Not just in their complacency in allowing the asteroid to seal half her power, but in doubting Kaichi-san's martial soul.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Honestly, huge props to the manga here, as long as it sticks by its guns. One thing that annoys me in a lot of reincarnation/isekai manga is when they decide to take the unique part of their manga and throw it out the window (I'm looking at you, blind girl isekai), because it seems like the author just deciding they got tired of the theme.

So when I saw the mention of "golden hour", I thought "oh, of course, here's when the author decides that writing a manga about an old guy is too much, so they make him able to become a young guy at the times it actually matters", but then the author just went "haha j/k, that's lame. The old guy wants to keep being the old guy".

I really hope he never uses his skill so that he can keep on the path he believes in. I also hope/assume that the nurse will never use her own skill, as long as she has a patient that needs care in this world, since that's a pretty similar thing to the old guy sticking to his reason for being.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, huge props to the manga here, as long as it sticks by its guns. One thing that annoys me in a lot of reincarnation/isekai manga is when they decide to take the unique part of their manga and throw it out the window (I'm looking at you, blind girl isekai), because it seems like the author just deciding they got tired of the theme.

So when I saw the mention of "golden hour", I thought "oh, of course, here's when the author decides that writing a manga about an old guy is too much, so they make him able to become a young guy at the times it actually matters", but then the author just went "haha j/k, that's lame. The old guy wants to keep being the old guy".

I really hope he never uses his skill so that he can keep on the path he believes in. I also hope/assume that the nurse will never use her own skill, as long as she has a patient that needs care in this world, since that's a pretty similar thing to the old guy sticking to his reason for being.
nah with the nurse having two uses I immediately thought that she would go back once and then sacrifice the ability to return home in order to come back to this world

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I'm cool with Kaichi using Golden Hour once or twice at the peak of super-hard battles. As far as cheat skills go, it's not really giving him an extra advantage he never had, it's basically letting him access his own peak power levels. Ultimately it would still be his own strength, and I can see it leading to some epic climactic battle moments. His own pride as a martial artist would act as a limiter so he wouldn't abuse it and overuse it, I'd only see him using it to protect Toki when he felt he had no other choice. And from what we've seen, he won't need it most of the time anyway.

Whether he uses it or not, this manga is still VERY unique among isekai manga. It starring an old martial artist isn't the only unique feature. The setting is totally different from what little we've seen of it, so far seeing more Asian influences than European. The character design and art style isn't the usual isekai art style, and we have yet to see any supernaturally beautiful people or royalty/nobility. Heck, I can't remember the last time I saw a race like dragon-newts. Dragons, sure, and dragons that transform into humans, but humans with dragon tails and fangs? Weirdly rare.

Best way I can describe it is that it's a shonen manga that's about isekai, rather than an isekai that's shonen, if that makes sense?

I hope Golden Hour becomes a gag ability. He only uses it to pretend to be younger to enroll in an academy or something, or to get close to someone who is senior-phobic.

Dex-chan lover
I really like how they both got magical skills when they came to Dias, but they missed that information - but it turns out that both wouldn't have used the skills anyway (at least not in a way that god intended)

Users who are viewing this thread