Futago Matomete "Kanojo" ni Shinai? - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Chikage Usami is an honor student...?

Dex-chan lover
The MC seems a little stiff and boring whips out old reliable the nail that sticks out hammered down mentality
But the sisters make up for it, lets see if this keeps me

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation, looks like an interesting one!

Supporter
Guys, one is a "High School freshman", and one's a "High school freshman". Know the difference.

Group Leader
Huh, another twin girlfriend thing huh. I was already reading the "I have twin gilrfriends" Manhua, now a manga as well noice.

Dex-chan lover
My bad G, I’m just pissed still after finding out my new favorite manga got axed

Also I just thought it’s funny cause Irl sisters would be at each other’s throats for even looking at each other’s Man while in a lot of manga they’re just like

“Yeah id totally have a threesome with my sister! What do you mean that’s weird?” :nyoron:
I feel like your view of how irl sisters would react to such a situation is somewhat limited, likely to your exact situation and/or cultural context, which from this view I would imagine to be either from the US or some other western country.
That's not to say there's any context in which two sisters would be happy or actually willing to share(excepting some pre-modern situations), that is certainly something that's so far-fetched it might as well only happen in the realm of fiction (then again, there probably can be some cases in which it could and does happen, though I doubt it would ever end well), but to say that irl sisters would be at each other's throats seems kind of narrow.
I'm pretty sure in a lot of situations, sisters would first and foremost just be sad, not angry at each other for liking the same guy, something they don't actually have control over being that they aren't actually in a relationship with him yet nor do they know of the other's feeling.
This intra-familial sense of competitiveness and constant conflict is a fairly recent phenomenon that had its start in hyper-individualistic culture of the US and other western countries, partially because of the newfound need for teenagers to affirm themselves in the context of atomized families that spent more and more time away from home, oppressive school systems that were meant to prepare them to be obedient workers and the advertising of product aimed at them as companies realized the huge untapped market that they comprised.

Double-page supporter
"The nail that sticks out gets hammered down" Fuck this saying and the psychology of MC-kuns that it spawn. I realize obviously this a cornerstone of Japanese culture, but its a mindset that is a drag to read thru. Why is this mindset one of the defaults for a male main character! For ONCE switch it around, have the guy be outgoing and the girl be neurotic.
It distracts from characters that could have the potential to be interesting, and I've read 1000 other mangas with similar ways of thinking...sigh.
But thanks for the translation, I will power thru and read because I like having a lot to read~

Group Leader
This story is exactly like one in one of those voices acted mangas channels lol I thought it got adapted like that poor guy one and that girl jumping from rooftop one.

Double-page supporter
Americans need to stop swapping names of people from other countries.

Most Asian countries uses [Family name + Given name] format (first/last names sounds stupid), stop swapping their names because it's easier for your American brains to understand than actually appreciating other cultures.

Dex-chan lover
This could become dogwater very easily, hopefully it doesn’t tho

Users who are viewing this thread