Damedol to Sekai ni Hitori Dake no Fan - Ch. 25 - Queen Urumin

Double-page supporter
I loved the last page! Thank you for the translation

Dex-chan lover
That's right. A fan, even moreso if you are the no.1, must be there in front of your oshi as the support.

Dex-chan lover
That last panel... Sheesh... Our boi can even rizz up a guy looking like that. PROTECC URUMIN!!

Dex-chan lover
I love how everyone is just like, "Damn these 2 are so into each other" with that type of response and are equally invested. Also can we just appreciate that smile she gave him. He's literally the only person that matters that much to her. Go support your girl bro

Dex-chan lover
A large chunk of idol fans are often far beyond well-adjusted entertainment consumers, so ”twisted” is relative. Thinking of themselves as family and trying to steer their oshi ”down the right path“ is a popular thing. Acting as a brand organizer or promoter is another common phenomenon. These kinds of obsessive parasocial relationships are quite profitable for companies, so it takes significant excess to prompt blowback.
That's indeed true from what I've understood. However, Kimiya isn't obsessive. He's always trying to keep Urumin at a certain, proper distance. Now when he believed she had made more fans, he decided to fade into the background. I reckon it was partly pity talking when he always was there to make sure Urumin had at least one face-to-face visitor during the fan meeting events. If she had managed to make more fans, perhaps Kimiya had only rarely participated anymore, though I'm sure he would have still sponsored her financially. That's why I said it's like he's acting like Urumin's father, who doesn't want to get in her way, but keeps making sure she's okay financially and doesn't get discouraged, without expecting anything in return. That being said, maybe I'm totally wrong and that's commonplace idol fan behavior as well.

Dex-chan lover
Kuzutani single-handedly saved the whole event! what a chad wingman!

Supporter
When walking through a crowd with a glowstick is one of the most badass things ever depicted...

jak

Contributor
He's lucky he's her only true fan, otherwise he would be the target of crazies.

Dex-chan lover
I assume it's because it's such a small community, everybody knows them. That guy is "her fan" as in the only one and he's been devoted for a long time. As he's her only fan, I don't think anyone there thinks of her as their parasocial girl friend, one of the big reasons why fans sperg out when idols get a boy friend.
I think part of the reason she has no fans is also cause they are shipping it.

After all, she's a cute and attractive woman who is also a klutz... which should easily have a dedicated fan base

And her hard work should also be touching a ton of people...

So I feel that them shipping it is also hurting her fan base... as in, everyone ships them so hard nobody wants to be her stan...

Users who are viewing this thread