I'm an OTAKU but I want to fall in love with a gal - Ch. 108 - Extra (Kinjou-san)

Dex-chan lover
For all the Epiloguing that was done, they might as well have gone and maybe some IF Route chapters...
I just have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I appreciate that they respect and value the fandom’s feedback. On the other hand, I don’t like it when the author changes the original idea under pressure from fans.

Group Leader
I just have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I appreciate that they respect and value the fandom’s feedback. On the other hand, I don’t like it when the author changes the original idea under pressure from fans.
This is why I like wish more authors would do multiple/alternate endings, that way everybody is happy, especially for twitter/pixiv comics.

Dex-chan lover
This is why I like wish more authors would do multiple/alternate endings, that way everybody is happy, especially for twitter/pixiv comics.
Maybe, I might have been more accepting of this if I liked Osanai too and was rooting for her, but since I'm more used to Kujo, it feels like a retcon. But again, I can understand them if they did polls.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I agree with everyone that wants alternate what-if endings. We would have seen a romance "route" with every gal.... That would have been great.

I always thought a romance with Himekawa would have been hilarious.... Hard to do right, but hilarious.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
One harsh reality with indie mangaka - they need every fame they can get, which often result in adhering to fan request, sometimes even fanbox / patreon subs. What started out as an original, self-written story, could very well be driven into your typical cookie-cutter romcom just because the "fans" say so.

What-if / alternate endings are nice and all, but we all forget that mangaka needs to pay the bill, too. This is where I suspect the majority of their time are crunched to answer to fanbox / patreon requests, leaving them no time to actually draw what they want to, even if they have the entire storyboard available well in advance. At the end of the day, there is pro and con with pixiv / twitter manga, and the harsh reality is we can't always have nice thing (unless, of course, some random rich kids demand it).

Dex-chan lover
So, the author originally wanted to pair the MC with one character, but ended up with another due to a reader poll? Hmm, I have vague thoughts about this.
That probably explains why it became weak when MC's interest shifted. The focus was clearly not on the girl he ended up with, and it didn't really feel like there was enough for it to be justified.

Group Leader
One harsh reality with indie mangaka - they need every fame they can get, which often result in adhering to fan request, sometimes even fanbox / patreon subs. What started out as an original, self-written story, could very well be driven into your typical cookie-cutter romcom just because the "fans" say so.

What-if / alternate endings are nice and all, but we all forget that mangaka needs to pay the bill, too. This is where I suspect the majority of their time are crunched to answer to fanbox / patreon requests, leaving them no time to actually draw what they want to, even if they have the entire storyboard available well in advance. At the end of the day, there is pro and con with pixiv / twitter manga, and the harsh reality is we can't always have nice thing (unless, of course, some random rich kids demand it).
As far as I'm aware with this particular artist, it's just that they have a life outside of drawing art for twitter. They have a fanbox, but it's just so people can support them if they choose to, they don't actually upload any "content" or do any fan requests. And they've barley posted anything new on twitter in the past year either compared to when they were making this series on the regular. They just have a busy life style outside of making art.

Users who are viewing this thread