Toaru Kagaku no Mental Out - Vol. 4 Ch. 24.2

Dex-chan lover
The hell is up with the Dorm Manager? Yuuitsu I can understand kinda, she is a Kihara.

Kinda wish the fight would have been over by now. It is kinda dragging on.

Dex-chan lover
Oh noes, she won't get to play her bdsm game with mental out~ how horrible~

Oh, the dorm manager, intruder, past+potential hostages, and danger to the bystanders as everything including the clock tower explodes and rains heavy rocks on them? Why would I care about those things?~ What's worse is that I can't get to play out my kinks with mental out!

- argon girl, probably

Group Leader
The hell is up with the Dorm Manager? Yuuitsu I can understand kinda, she is a Kihara.

She just has superpowers, even if the author says, nope it was all done through [insert bullshit explanation], it's just making excuses for giving her what are obviously superpowers. Like the charm of her character is that she is a superpower-less human walking amongst a bunch of temperamental goddesses that combined wield enough firepower to conquer a small country but through skill, experience, ruthlessness and determination, she as a regular human keeps them in line. However since this fight began the mystique is gone.

3966d981-91b4-4b84-a7a4-c4affb4e494c.jpg
I mean after this it's no longer about a highly skilled normal person defeating espers anymore. If Misaka send a bolt of electricity at her, she'll just focus her chakra or something and it will flow into the ground. Some lvl 4 shoots a flame thrower at her, she'll use tie chi to move the air so the fire flows around her... she just has superpowers. She's now written as that kid playing make believe cops and robbers that says, I wasn't shot because I just pressed a button that activated my "everything proof shield".

The reason it feels off is that it's lazy writing and killed 90% of the appeal of her character. This fight could have been handled sooo much better. It's a damn shame.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She just has superpowers, even if the author says, nope it was all done through [insert bullshit explanation], it's just making excuses for giving her what are obviously superpowers.

The reason it feels off is that it's lazy writing and killed 90% of the appeal of her character. This fight could have been handled sooo much better. It's a damn shame.
honestly yeah. She fights much better than trained ninja in Toaruverse, and those ninja also have plenty of tools to rely on to be strong. The only logical explanation to how the Dorm Manager's insanely powerful rn is that she's a Gemstone, but that indeed kills the appeal of her character.

I really love when she's just a normal human who's so strict & scary that all the students in Tokiwadai fear her, so while I do like this arc, I'm really sad they chose to do this.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, the dorm matron and Kihara just vertically wallrunned. This fight is now officially between practitioners of Hokuto Shinken (or the branch schools).

Dex-chan lover
She just has superpowers, even if the author says, nope it was all done through [insert bullshit explanation], it's just making excuses for giving her what are obviously superpowers. Like the charm of her character is that she is a superpower-less human walking amongst a bunch of temperamental goddesses that combined wield enough firepower to conquer a small country but through skill, experience, ruthlessness and determination, she as a regular human keeps them in line. However since this fight began the mystique is gone.

View attachment 2399
I mean after this it's no longer about a highly skilled normal person defeating espers anymore. If Misaka send a bolt of electricity at her, she'll just focus her chakra or something and it will flow into the ground. Some lvl 4 shoots a flame thrower at her, she'll use tie chi to move the air so the fire flows around her... she just has superpowers. She's now written as that kid playing make believe cops and robbers that says, I wasn't shot because I just pressed activated my "everything proof shield".

Well the most likely explanation is that she is ex-ninja and she has trained multiple of those ''non-supernatural special abilities'' that ninjas do but we have also seen espers learn.

But yeah not a fan.

Dex-chan lover
I'm suspecting that the Dorm Manager is somehow an unaccounted Saint or something. Perhaps a superhuman project not disclosed whatsoever by the Director of Tokiwadai.

She's way too good at what she does at making Yuuitsu piss her pantsus. Also... WHERE WAS SHE WHEN YUUITSU WAS BEING PROBLEM IN NT?!

Supporter
Yeah, part of the appeal of this fight was the idea that it's two muggles, so we'd get some kung fu fighting, but now they're wall running.

Users who are viewing this thread