The New Gate - Ch. 101

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Deym, the anime adaptation just went with its 1st episode some days ago. But I noticed it already skipped and changed a bunch of sequence of events (the skull-face jack also did not do breakdancing). I wonder how they will cramp things up to make it consumable in a 12-episode format. Also, I wonder if the anime would also be able to make me cry in Gerald/Giralt's arc?

Dex-chan lover
did we know his ex died by illness previously? I just assumed she was PKed
No, this arc is the first time we're told what she died from.
Of course, it is possible she was PKed through some kind of disease. Or in some even stranger way.

Contributor
Effortless Cooking EX
inb4 Kanade tells him that kissing a girl means she has to marry him now and she saw him kissing Karin

Marino died due to illness? Not in-game murder? That sounds like a very important detail... :pepehmm:

I'm slightly disappointed with this new arc because it separated Shin from Schnee again, even though Kanade and Karin seem interesting to me. The writing that led to this felt... contrived, like it was a way to "put some characters on the bus" since there was too many of them, and not enough narrative purpose to justify having them around standing by, while Shin does the heavy lifting to solve whatever new problem has cropped up.

I suppose I could fault the previous arc not wrapping up as well as it could by separating the characters soon enough, and now the rest of them literally got put on a boat to somewhere while Shin works on this next arc. I'd hope to at least see Schnee with him in Hinomoto. If only she hitchhiked on Yuzuha's summon like last time.

Dex-chan lover
did we know his ex died by illness previously? I just assumed she was PKed
someone spoilered already in some previous chapter, its under the name @Goldenzeal
I hath been summoned!
Jokes aside tho...
Yes i do post spoilers on alot because i read the New Gate novel.
There are alot of other spoilers to be found if you dig around.
But this is indeed the first time we learned about how she died in the manga.

Fun fact however....
If i don't remember wrong in the novels Shin does not actually know his GF died to disease at this point in the novel.
So its kinda odd in itself. ( or i could be remembering wrong, im not perfect )
Shin should not know about this just yet and only finds out about this until a few story archs later.

The manga might change a few things but in the Novel...
His Girlfriend got killed by PK players who raided a NPC town where his Girlfriend was living.
She got gutted by a character we are going to meet later while defending a PC Orphanage ( kids played this game too )
Which is why Shin went on a murder spree to cleanse the game of PK players afterwards.
This is why everybody is so scared Shin might go back to his old ways now that he knows the PK players are alive too.

But the thing is ( which Shin should NOT know about right now )
Is that the reason she got stabbed to death was because she died of cancer in the real world.
Which caused her to lost control of her body in the middle of battle, or otherwise she would not have lost.
(before shin arrived to watch her die at least)

As far as i remember, he only learned about this until a later arc where....
He meets the ghost/ soul of his girlfriend who tells him she is dead.
Because she died in both words at the same time from above mentioned coincidence.
She is now basically in limbo and can only interact with the world by possessing another person.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I hath been summoned!
Jokes aside tho...
Yes i do post spoilers on alot because i read the New Gate novel.
There are alot of other spoilers to be found if you dig around.
But this is indeed the first time we learned about how she died in the manga.

Fun fact however....
If i don't remember wrong in the novels Shin does not actually know his GF died to disease at this point in the novel.
So its kinda odd in itself. ( or i could be remembering wrong, im not perfect )
Shin should not know about this just yet and only finds out about this until a few story archs later.

The manga might change a few things but in the Novel...
His Girlfriend got killed by PK players who raided a NPC town where his Girlfriend was living.
She got gutted by a character we are going to meet later while defending a PC Orphanage ( kids played this game too )
Which is why Shin went on a murder spree to cleanse the game of PK players afterwards.
This is why everybody is so scared Shin might go back to his old ways now that he knows the PK players are alive too.

But the thing is ( which Shin should NOT know about right now )
Is that the reason she got stabbed to death was because she died of cancer in the real world.
Which caused her to lost control of her body in the middle of battle, or otherwise she would not have lost.
(before shin arrived to watch her die at least)

As far as i remember, he only learned about this until a later arc where....
He meets the ghost/ soul of his girlfriend who tells him she is dead.
Because she died in both words at the same time from above mentioned coincidence.
She is now basically in limbo and can only interact with the world by possessing another person.
this is the problem with comics adapted from novels… the novels are uselessly long for comic purposes

Users who are viewing this thread