Tenkaichi - Nihon Saikyou Bugeisha Ketteisen - Ch. 37 - Katana and Cannon

Dex-chan lover
bro i swear to God this must be like the third "final clash" we've had in this fight.
yeah, how many chapters now have ended the exact same way? They talk, they clash, next chapter we find out that neither one struck a decisive blow. For a guy whose entire style is about "you only need one swing", that's got to be embarrassing.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapt, cant believe togo really did that famous thingy of 'its not even my final form' too, its so end for my boi togo lmao, livin without one lung? just end it please. throw some confetti fo' him while he died for everything he believed fo', anyway great chapt!

2MezxMC.jpeg

“To cut properly, you must continually self-annihilate when cutting. Your hand must become a hand that is cutting, your body a body that is cutting, your mind, a mind that is cutting. You must instantaneously destroy your fake pre-present self. It is a useless hanger on. This is the Life Cut.”

Dex-chan lover
That credit page would have been 1000% better if it was written on Togo's backwards weird speech.

“To cut properly, you must continually self-annihilate when cutting. Your hand must become a hand that is cutting, your body a body that is cutting, your mind, a mind that is cutting. You must instantaneously destroy your fake pre-present self. It is a useless hanger on. This is the Life Cut.”
The main takeaway from this manga is the same, rend all your enemies to dust, rend all your friends to dust, rend everything to dust. Then you will somehow begin to understand the blade.

Reach Heaven through Violence.

Contributor
I usually hate when people try to maintain really thick accents because they make it unreadable, but I've been able to parse all of Togo's dialog. I can't analyze how good of a translation it is—maybe it should be unreadable; I don't know—but in my ignorance, I at least appreciate this.

Hi. New to the forums not to the site.

I enjoyed this chapter. Hopefully next chapter ends the fight. This is probably my 2ed favourite fight of the series behind the 1st.

Hopefully yusuke wins. I like his character and he's the most sympathetic guy by far. Especially as he's fighting for something beyond himself.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Honsetly its funny to me this is all still round 1 since so many of these guys just round 1 has been so roughed up
Like lets say even if Togo won Dude would be missing a lung for round 2 Lmao. The god damn Finals of this is gonna have cripples at this rate
Watch them pull a god-tier transcendent healer out of nowhere, wouldn't be out of place in this superhuman setting.

Genuine gripe with the story though - the writers seem to forget that most battles (regardless if this is war, martial arts, sports, etc.) aren't won with singular feats of ultimate strength, but endurance and fitness. Can't be the strongest clan in Japan if your "#1 soldier" is all banged up.

Watch them pull a god-tier transcendent healer out of nowhere, wouldn't be out of place in this superhuman setting.

Genuine gripe with the story though - the writers seem to forget that most battles (regardless if this is war, martial arts, sports, etc.) aren't won with singular feats of ultimate strength, but endurance and fitness. Can't be the strongest clan in Japan if your "#1 soldier" is all banged up.
That's fair but I'm not sure how'd you'd fix that. Afterall a good back and forth fight probably requires both sides taking damage. It's not gonna be as entertaining if the only damage people take is at the end of the fight' unless it isn't supposed to be back and forth.

(Or it's a rocket tag situation where both sides can one shot the other so they have to be extremely careful throughout.)

But since this series is going for back and forth drama then i don't see how it's avoidable.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO MORE YASUKE.
I like yasuke. He is a pretty good character imo. He has values above fighting and a tragic backstory. Togo while cool 1 has a potentially repetitive fighting style 2 a pretty one note personality and 3 his accent is annoying for some readers.

Dex-chan lover
I like yasuke. He is a pretty good character imo. He has values above fighting and a tragic backstory. Togo while cool 1 has a potentially repetitive fighting style 2 a pretty one note personality and 3 his accent is annoying for some readers.
A tie with double death. My compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread