MangaDex Forums

Thepandas12
Thepandas12
Basically yeah, I not gonna go edit 50 messages due to this bs.
image.png
ieatass69
ieatass69
The most resilient option? Host your own server.
The easier option? Pay for imgur and don't upload nsfw stuff.
Thepandas12
Thepandas12
I would host my own server, but that would take effort and money. I don't have that second part.
And with imgur... once again, I had problems with it before, and I don't have money.
I guess I'll deal with broken images lol
ieatass69
ieatass69
Efforts, definitely. You can host your own server for free if you already have a laptop. I host my own music server so I have something to listen to when I'm outside. Sure the electricity bill might be a thing but a small media server doesn't use that much energy, and my PC is on 24/7 anyway. That said, it's not a route I recommend taking, unless you have shitload of free time or you already have a very good background dealing with servers and such (in which case you probably already are working in the field and usually you shouldn't be broke).
Thepandas12
Thepandas12
Absolutely I have a shit ton of free time, not like I have a job or school or anything going on, it's just I don't have anything to spare besides my main pc that I run 24/7.

I could use my brother's pc as a hosting server since he doesn't use it anymore (He's in college), though I don't really want to run another computer on 24/7 like mine. Plus I think our power bill is already through the roof.

Maybe someday I'll do it, but most likely not due to some current issues.
Had already self-hosted a server prior before, I sold off the laptop(broken due to sister).
77BLc9JwJGpLVARkamJx
For reaction image? Just google search them and hotlink them like in the good ole interwebs.
ieatass69
ieatass69
If you already run your PC 24/7, it's ideal. Just spawn some containers and pop, your server's up and running. Uptime is high too since your PC is always online.