Dex-chan lover
Still kinda rushed, but at least a reasonable compromise ...
... Mom actually has a husband? Crazy!

Dex-chan lover
Too rushed and it just feels like the mother doesn't care enough, I dunno I don't feel like a parent would react that easily to such a revelation.

Well that was a life changing revelation that felt came out of nowhere and was resolved lightning fast

Dex-chan lover
Well, what else can she do?
Murder? Harming the mermaid?

What would that solve? It would certainly feel good, but unless you think the mermaid is going to do something else evil it won't help anyone.

There are some wrongs that cannot be made right. At those times, you either have to wrong another, or move on with your life.

Dex-chan lover
They should just make her be Marie's permanent interpreter/translator. Since she's like nobility she'll eventually need something like that, right? So seems to me that'd be proper recompense: something like "you stole her voice to live on land and it can't be taken back ever so now you have to be her voice and be bound to her forever"

Dex-chan lover
Strange agreement to reach, but given the immutable properties of the situation, considering the people there are available (people looking into Lily's sight restoration) and factoring in Marie's wishes it seems at least understandable.
Glad Edel isn't fine with it. She's mad, but reason hasn't fled her. Additionally, if there is some way to fix it (that the four of them don't know about) it'd likely involve the mermaid. Better to have her close by on hand and with, at least, a cordial relationship than who knows where in the ocean never to return because of fear of reprisal.

Edit; well said @Red225
Also, thanks for the chapter translation-team!

Damn, did not expect to see Edel, or any character at this point, to snap like that. Good on Heath for trying to talk things out, even though in doing so she had to take some of that heat herself.

Fed-Kun's army
My biggest problem here is that this seems to have been written as a "pocket version" of Heath's story.
And then awkwardly bolted onto the main narrative for no apparent reason yet.

This sure ain't Negi's best writing, but at least it was resolved reasonably.
Unlike Natsume's decision to turn herself in to her curse victim's mother.

Thanks for the TL.

As for it being resolved quickly, Edel really doesn't have any solutions available, and killing Natsume isn't going to do anything but get cheap revenge.
Forcing her to serve/pay back to her daughter is about the best thing she can do.

Tbh I kinda understand the first story, Lily forgiving Heath doesn't feel that bad because they grew attached to each others before revealing what happened. Plus, Heath saved a child and was met with ungratefulness, which is what made her snap. Her story feels more relatable as the same humans she attacked are the ones who attacked her first, and she only responded on the heat of the moment. As a result, she feels responsible for the innocent persons who became collateral damages.

But here you have a mermaid stealing some random kid's voice by pure selfish interest, and after planning out her action. It's not on the heat of the moment, she premeditated her attack. And her only excuse is "I was an outcast, please understand". If you had to make an irl comparison it's like someone stealing your car and telling you "but I was poor", it's literally pure jealousy. Except instead of a car it's your child's voice.

They never met her before so you can't even say that they grew attached to her, but somehow it still all ends up with everyone being friend in less than a day. Her straight out malicious actions have absolutely no consequence for her and the situation is resolved in not even a full day with everyone holding hands with each others.

So yeah, in the end, my problem is not so much about "what else could she have done" since none of her actions could change anything anyway. It's more about "what would a mother realistically do in this situation". The whole story feels rushed and incredibly naive because of how it completely discards what would have been a natural human reaction to the situation and gives us a "let's all be friend!" resolution instead.

This side story is really badly written in my opinion.

Hard episode , i think it is somewhat realistic , first she wanted to fucking kill her , then tried to think what the mermaid was feeling and could get a little gray zone , will make her work for Marie.
Thanks a lot for the translations , i thought there werent new episodes because author was busy with another series.
If i can leave a link for someone that wants to translate a Yuri one , this one has 100 episodes and has been having like 4 chapters translated per year so it will take me a lifetime to finish reading it , not like i dont appreciate the translations but it is very slow.
https://mangadex.org/title/22412/futari-monologue

Dex-chan lover
Kind of a rush job to get the plot moving but I like that everybody's feelings were taken into account and that it's left still very much a ''work in progress'' . You'd never see a situation like this one resolved that quickly in real life but in the warm and fuzzy yuri world of this manga it's fitting enough. It shows how much Heath has grown as a person that she went from angry beast woman to peace maker and voice of reason in 40 chapters 😅

Fed-Kun's army
@Kekitus i was on your side till you compared it to poverty, you actually made a great point for as to how this is well written lmao

Dex-chan lover
they have emergency food now, nice.
YksQgUF.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread