Dex-chan lover
Instead of Sniping you should've offered Matcha to help honestly.....

Did you even try reaching out? Or you feel entitled enough to do it all and post 35 as soon as Matcha posted 34?

not belittling you effort or feeling of sharing your work... just curious....

The enthusiasm is appreciated, and you obviously love this series, too. Next time, please offer help to MatchaMango.

Group Leader
I just wanted to translate directly for everyone instead of doing it only for myself and a friend. Thanks for being rude.
I just happened to see the Indonesian release was way ahead, I should have just kept it to another website.

Dex-chan lover
@Laowel

I'm not trying to be rude. I edited my first comment before you pasted your reply fyi...

Incidentally, what about your politeness towards the OG translator?

respect is a two way street.

Power Uploader
Wont even bother checking this lolz idk why ppl do such things sigh, dont u have ur other series to do or any that aint scanlated yet perhaps...

@Laowel well I think we all are pretty big MatchaMango fans, no need to be rude to somebody translating a good series tho. I don't have a problem with a secound translator, but most of the time I am saddened by the "wasted effort" when the same chap is translated by two groups.
As others said I think it would be a good idea to reach out to MatchaMango and come to an agreement. Like dunno one translates the odd chapters and one the even ones.

@laowel Matcha has quite a fan base. They got injured a few months back, and when they came back, they said they were so happy no one sniped it from them...they're super adorable and the built up some loyalty.

I agree that the other people were rude, but sniping in scanlations is considered quite rude as well, so this seems like a pot calling the kettle black sort of thing. Its not like two teams who started working on a project around the same time not wanting to give up, you jumped in 65 episodes into a series. Episode 64 was only released four hours ago. You're complaining about "hours of work", while ignoring all the work that Matcha has put into building the popularity of this series BY THEMSELVES.

So....yeah, the other people were rude, but its after you made sort of a d-ck move, and it's kinda weird to be upset about manners when you showed poor manners first.

Hey so I don’t usually comment when a series gets snipped however Matcha has been working hard translating this series forever. I’m sure if you had reached out and offered to help to increase rate of translations instead of just posting your own it this would have been a better situation. Snipping is very rude

Dex-chan lover
@Laowel

You still didn't answer my question(s).

Did you even reach out to Matcha?

Are you being polite here?

What outcome did you expect from fans who have been following Matcha's TL from season one?

If maybe before you posted 35, you reached out and Matcha was happy to receive help, but I bet the result won't be the same now that you've supposedly tried sniping even if your intention was purely to share with those that 'can't wait' for Matcha's....

Public sentiment would be against you after this stunt honestly... not even being snarky or anything, just pure logic.

I'm not trying to discredit the efforts that you have put in your translation, but this series has obviously been actively translated by Milk Tea Scans (and they literally just posted an update 4 hours ago which shows that they are still active) so it is definitely not nice to snipe a group who has put in so much effort in securing high-quality raws, translating, cleaning/rd and typesetting for us consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread