20th Century Boys - Vol. 18 Ch. 203 - Things That Must Not Be Known

Dex-chan lover
ooooooo damn, they're doing the replacement storyline? I mean, I kinda prefer that outcome, considering that a running theme has been the idea that there is nothing supernatural (or at least, not supernatural in that way), and that everything is tricks. A real-life resurrection, even with an astonishing trick reveal, would kinda undermine that with its convoluted and contrived explanation (assuming, of course, that the explanation for why a man who was shot, bled out, had his heart stop, had doctors pronounce him dead, and was shown to appear dead even to the man closest to the tricks was not actually dead would necessarily be convoluted and contrived).

Dex-chan lover
ooooooo damn, they're doing the replacement storyline? I mean, I kinda prefer that outcome, considering that a running theme has been the idea that there is nothing supernatural (or at least, not supernatural in that way), and that everything is tricks. A real-life resurrection, even with an astonishing trick reveal, would kinda undermine that with its convoluted and contrived explanation (assuming, of course, that the explanation for why a man who was shot, bled out, had his heart stop, had doctors pronounce him dead, and was shown to appear dead even to the man closest to the tricks was not actually dead would necessarily be convoluted and contrived).
Yeah all they need to do is show that the Fukubei and #13 (who I think is Friend as of this chapter) are different people, which is actually somewhat difficult seeing how no one outside of the main characters of the story know what Fukubei looked like

Banned
Page 10 has a mistake. He didn't die in a cafeteria he died in a science room
It’s obvious this group is shit. I don’t know why hawks dropped it. But these guys suck and it’s crazy better translations haven’t been uploaded

Users who are viewing this thread