30-sai made Doutei de Itara Mahou Shoujo ni Narimashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 32 - I've Got Some Business With That Coldness

Dex-chan lover
poor guys , thhey wernt rude and all and just got attacked

Dex-chan lover
I hate agreeing with Kozue, but this time, she's right. You put cute clothes on cute people. This is the way.

Dex-chan lover
@Rukja Violating someone's personal space and causing them to feel unsafe, is in, fact the very legal definition of assault in many places.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/assault

In turn, it's also often legally defensible for the would-be victim to proactively defend themselves from the tortfeasor in question before they can be harmed.
So yes, those guys did wrong. So does every guy who tries to pick up random women in an aggressive manner. That isn't only morally wrong but it's against the law in many places. I don't know about Japan's national or prefectural laws, admittedly. All I'll say is that their body language (hands on hips, elbows out) is considered very aggressive in Japanese culture so there's almost no question in my mind they weren't being respectful or cordial in their flirting.

And I won't speak as to whether it was right for Yuunagi to attack them proactively, just that it'd be legally defensible. In general I'd recommend against flirting with random strangers in the first place for that very reason, but that's just me.

Dex-chan lover
@MidnightTea
how far does ones personal space reach? these guys seem to keep a certain amont of distance.
I cant even see that they approached her in an aggressiv manner tbh.
i mean we all know these tropes of aggressiv pick up lines but in those they mostly grab the victim, also they are ad a public beach not in an dark alley

we see here only these 2 dudes, we dont know what they sayed only that one of them find the defense reaction of mc cute and the other asks if she is the little sister.

you could argue that they should have just left after mc told them to leave
but to outright attack them? even under proactive defense they got hit so hard that one of them is tumbling away.
and i dont think it would hold in a court if you explain, "yeah i hit him realy hard cause they sayed i look good and they wanted to flirt a bit"

also new connections can only happen with strangers ^^

Dex-chan lover
@Rukja

how far does ones personal space reach? these guys seem to keep a certain amont of distance.
I cant even see that they approached her in an aggressiv manner tbh.
i mean we all know these tropes of aggressiv pick up lines but in those they mostly grab the victim, also they are ad a public beach not in an dark alley

Re: personal space -- that varies greatly by culture, just as laws do. I would say if you're standing in less than four feet of someone and staring at them intensely, you're absolutely in their space. But I'm sure that's very different in Japan and even in different parts of Japan.
And I already established their aggression via body language. The pose, as I said, with elbows out hands on hips is considered very aggressive in Japan.

we see here only these 2 dudes, we dont know what they sayed only that one of them find the defense reaction of mc cute and the other asks if she is the little sister.

She was being taunted. That sort of toothy leer with half-closed eyes is often code for taunting in manga. The "so cute" was also not meant as a compliment, even if Riko is undeniably so. They were basically saying "something so small and cute like you can't tell us what to do". Communication with people in Japanese culture is very heavily based around inference and understatement.

you could argue that they should have just left after mc told them to leave
but to outright attack them? even under proactive defense they got hit so hard that one of them is tumbling away.
and i dont think it would hold in a court if you explain, "yeah i hit him realy hard cause they sayed i look good and they wanted to flirt a bit"

As I said, I'm not interested in defending Yuunagi's actions on a moral/ethical level. I don't necessarily think she did the right thing, just that what she did was legally defensible as defined under the apprehension clause if this happened here. Personally I do think she should've handled that differently. Leaving alone that those guys now have a solid case if they sued her (for the very reasons you said), escalation is always an extremely risky maneuver if you feel threatened. But that she'd have a legal defense to do what she did is exactly why you should not behave like those two guys did. For your own sake if no one else's.

also new connections can only happen with strangers ^^

I'd strongly recommend against walking up to someone and leering at them as a means of meeting new people. There's bad ways to flirt with a stranger and acceptable ways to flirt with a stranger and this ain't it chief.

As an aside, I'm not convinced there's a "good" way to flirt with a stranger. Even a highly coded and non-intimidating "Hey I want to do meaty things to your physically attractive body" isn't the best jumping off point for a friendship, let alone a relationship in my opinion unless you have immediate shared interests to pivot to. It does happen, but it's not an approach I recommend.
Not to mention that public or online forums that get reputations for allowing a lot of flirtation quickly wind up becoming sausage fests as women who don't want to be viewed as potential "opportunities" for single men leave in droves. That's why many bars ban such behavior aside from the occasional "singles night" to get your flirt game on.

Users who are viewing this thread