37 Year Old Kindaichi Case Files

Dex-chan lover
This is such a disapointed sequel to read if you enjoyed the original. I mean it's like if there was a sequel to detective conan, where somehow he became koguro and is now a deadbeat drunk who barely gets off his ass.

Is it required to read the prequel to understand and enjoy this?

Does the MC behaves like his age or he's a teenage in a 37 y.o. body?

Power Uploader
@Il_Celeste It's advised to read the prequels simply to know a bit more about the characters, but there is no overlap between the stories. The MC does have a couple of "pervy" moments but nowhere as much as the OG series.

How long is the mangaka going to fuck around and not show Miyuki. At this point, have to assume he is afraid to draw an adult version of her.

Flight attendant, huh. I think it would be most likely she went out on a plane one day and died there, and Kindaichi kept it from his friends, or they know about it but try to say good things to cover it up. Even when Reika asks Kindaichi about her, he doesn’t give a clear answer as to how Miyuki is. How would she know what and where Kindaichi is doing and staying at. It makes sense from the very first chapter as to why he was depressed and didn’t pursue the path of detective. He can’t do it without her presence. I think the texting is a figment of his imagination. He misses her so much that his thoughts are presented with text. It’s very obvious to me that something happened to her, and I would not be surprised if it’s found that she had died long ago.

Even in the original series Hajime became depressed when things happened to Miyuki. However, he didn’t give up bc she was there alive and well to cheer him up. Knowing that, I can assume something devastating happened that made him not like solving cases anymore. Like idk, it could have been a bomb on a plane in a case he was involved in.

But I did wish he stopped saying “Unfortunately, all cases have been solved” haha just solve them already xD

Kindaichi and Conan are not comparable. Conan seems like the type who can excel in anything if he puts his mind to it. Plus he came from a privileged background. It would be even more shocking if he grew up to be a jaded salaryman.

Users who are viewing this thread