A Banished Sage’s Progress to Discovering the World: The Story of What Happened When I Freed Myself from My Childhood Friend

Double-page supporter
I really, really like this. I went back and reread it, and I was surprised how events were not just being pulled along by forcefully moving the characters to new positions, but instead were driven by new parts of the characters' backstories being unfolded into view which were previously hidden.

It’s pretty good a lot better than ideas similar to it with the a guy leaving his party. 7/10

Double-page supporter
I'm not gonna lie, I can hold on to a lot but I left after chapter 11. Characters are ass and no building towards them or anything. shit just happens and everything is reflexive. I'm not gonna say it's hot garbage but it's so loose that it gets old very very quickly.

In a world where mind control, appearance change and demon possesion is a thing, nobody seems to be suspicious when someone's personality changes suddenly.
Oh, we fought a demon and my friend is acting strange since then? Guess there is no need to investigate.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this, and quite invested in the characters and their dynamics.
You can tell that there is a love triangle going on, but of course drama, and well... a Beta Male grows into a semi-Sigma, and is slowly learning Common Sense, with all the friends, and harem-esque feel that it's constantly building up. I hope to one day read this to it's end, but that's a long time coming.
It's a cute fantasy story, and it's a shame we haven't had an update in 9 months as of this posting.

Users who are viewing this thread