A Divorced Evil Lady Bakes Cakes - Vol. 1 Ch. 39 - End of Season 1

Dex-chan lover
Your majesty my man, just give the throne to Calix already. You know he’ll bring Erin in anyway.

Thank you for the wonderful translation! You guys did great!

Dex-chan lover
Old man king, why so fixated on Raymond the silver haired bas***d? Just go with the black haired prince

Yeah, I understand his fixation on Eris, obviously she's got some sort of "saintess" style healing power that he covets having her as an Empress. And Raymond being the official Heir and first born getting priority I understand. And him being an emperor of course he can't believe he could be wrong about things.

But it honestly sucks for everyone. Raymond obviously has big issues, and I do feel some sympathy for the "villainess" as in many ways in another series she would be the heroine (she's the childhood friend who has always loved Raymond and fought to be by his side even when he was taken away from her by a political marraige).

Honestly it just seems like politics and stuff making everyone's lives miserable, and I kinda like that no one really seems irredeemable or like the "bad guy". It's just a bunch of people trying to find their happiness in a messed up situation, with an Emperor who is trying to manipulate things but because he wants what he things is best for the country as a whole.

Dex-chan lover
imagine expecting people to know when some rando company licenses one of the billion unlicensed manga we read :haa: but thank you for your work, it was a pleasure reading this, and actually informing us, unlike some groups :facepalm:

Double-page supporter
I would feel sympathy for the mistress, but she tried to murder/assassinate the FL so I think this is pretty fair treatment, even if no one knows about the attempted murder. Karma is busy in this series.

Dex-chan lover
man, its such a shame you guys are dropping this, but thanks for what you have done!!

and lol that bitch is such a basic mistress villainess

Dex-chan lover
man, its such a shame you guys are dropping this, but thanks for what you have done!!

and lol that bitch is such a basic mistress villainess
I actually find her more complex than others we've seen. Like in her mind her childhood friend and lover was taken from her by nobility politics, and she was seen as never good enough for him. In a lot of series her story would be that of the PoV heroine instead. And with an edgy enough story, yeah, she might even try to kill the main heroine. Main difference is that our heroine doesn't actually want any of this nonsense and just wants to be happy.

And yeah, sucks this is getting dropped cus it will take them like a year or more to catch back up, but thanks to the group doing it to this point.

Dex-chan lover
I actually find her more complex than others we've seen. Like in her mind her childhood friend and lover was taken from her by nobility politics, and she was seen as never good enough for him. In a lot of series her story would be that of the PoV heroine instead. And with an edgy enough story, yeah, she might even try to kill the main heroine. Main difference is that our heroine doesn't actually want any of this nonsense and just wants to be happy.

And yeah, sucks this is getting dropped cus it will take them like a year or more to catch back up, but thanks to the group doing it to this point.
lol i meant basic as in she's acting similar to how the other mistress villainess act
but yes, i agree her character is written much better than in many other series

Dex-chan lover
lol i meant basic as in she's acting similar to how the other mistress villainess act
but yes, i agree her character is written much better than in many other series
Oh yeah, her story is a bit unique, but her actions of going after the FMC even though she's a victim too are pretty standard villainess stuff. It's why she's still a Villainess, because she refuses to recognize that the FMC isn't her enemy and the real problem is elsewhere. I imagine if she hears the Emperor is going to try to chance the Heir she might try to kill him to keep her lover as the heir and remove a roadblock for them being together.

Dex-chan lover
Old man you have two grandchildren to pick from and one clearly seems to show signs of being a worthy successor so why pawn off FMC to one that has only ever disappointed you? I do not understand why he is fixated on the failure of a grandson

Dex-chan lover
Well obviously there's a lot of secrets and probably a reason it has to be Raymond. Not as obvious as what we just now got with Erin but still.

Also shove it so far up your ass Serena. If you had a brain to play the game, you wouldn't of screwed yourself by being a mistress to a self centered ass that doesn't seem to care about you anyway.

Seriously, did Raymond actually used to be likeable or has he always had the charisma of a splinter in the ass?

Users who are viewing this thread