A Girl's Prison in Another World - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
can you build a civilization with population which are all under 30 years old?
I assume the royal family, that religious order, and maybe the army is an exception?
but even then, can you?
You can. It’s not like humans were much better in ancient times. Just make sure to make a lot of kids. Biggest problem would be to advance after a certain level.

Dex-chan lover
I assume the royal family, that religious order, and maybe the army is an exception?
but even then, can you?
I mean you might be.
The have reincarnation tech which basically means no baby death rate, accident deaths etc.
If we assume kids dont have a workung law, it might be plausible

Dex-chan lover
but even then, can you?
to add to what penthero said , avg life expectancy in the roman empire was 25 years , and 33 years in the middle ages

so yeah absolutely

Dex-chan lover
You can. It’s not like humans were much better in ancient times. Just make sure to make a lot of kids. Biggest problem would be to advance after a certain level.
to add to what penthero said , avg life expectancy in the roman empire was 25 years , and 33 years in the middle ages

so yeah absolutely
If you lived past childhood then life expectancy was much much higher (at least into the 50s, maybe more), it's so low because so many infants and pre-adolescence kids didn't make it. People generally weren't dying at 30

Dex-chan lover
but even then, can you?
Even if the ruling class starts putting the people to work as children, they can only extract a maximum of about 20 years' worth of labor out of them instead of the typical 40. The people also have less time to hone their skills and accumulate experience, meaning there would be a lot fewer professionals who are masters of their craft. This would kneecap all research and innovation, too.

Even if the royalty and the clergy are excepted from the rule, they would live more uncomfortable, boring and possibly shorter lives without the support of an experienced professional elite (engineers, doctors, scientists, musicians, chefs, artists, etc.). Assuming that they can't just throw magic at any problem, of course.

So it's probably a terribly inefficient way to maintain a society, guaranteeing an overall stagnation.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You can, but it would be a very inefficient society. Even if the ruling class starts putting the people to work as children, they can only extract a maximum of about 20 years' worth of labor out of them instead of the typical 40. The people also have less time to accumulate experience, meaning there would be a lot fewer professionals who are masters of their craft. Even if the royalty and the clergy are excepted from the rule, they would live more uncomfortable, boring and possibly shorter lives without the support of an experienced professional elite (engineers, doctors, scientists, musicians, chefs, artists, etc.). Assuming that they can't just throw magic at any problem, of course.
Yeah it would limit the advancement of technology when the time to learn things are so limited. I would assume that children would be required from very early age to learn from their parents so they can start getting experience. I can imagine that changing profession or position can be really hard in such society.

Dex-chan lover
If you lived past childhood then life expectancy was much much higher (at least into the 50s, maybe more), it's so low because so many infants and pre-adolescence kids didn't make it. People generally weren't dying at 30
i feel very dumb that makes a lot of sense

Dex-chan lover
not advancing after a certain level is the point. If they were more advanced, learning would be easier.

Double-page supporter
not advancing after a certain level is the point. If they were more advanced, learning would be easier.
That's not really how that works. I mean it's an isekai so by default there will be no advancement, but technologically making a thing easier doesn't make it more accessible. That's even ignoring that in every society it's been religious institutions that have advanced science before they reach an industrial age.
All kinds of things gatekeep learning in our current day, like high as fuck fees for colleges, or the fact that people can't really afford to apprentice for blue collar stuff. Something as simple as being unable to afford a 300 dollar tablet or internet COULD gate keep you from learning a thing, and that's without a law on the book and enforcement making it illegal.
We can even go to books. Paper was insanely expensive and hard to manufacture so a lot of things weren't recorded on paper. Once that became less of an issue more things got recorded. Taking that to the next level was the printing press which enabled large scale copying and printing of books.
Humans as a species aren't and haven't really BEEN stupid and incapable of learning. Thats why we are where we are now, because a bunch of people in our past thought things and put it to paper. Eventually we got toe the point where we could start testing those things.
Honestly it's easier WITH technology to keep people oppressed and ignorant than it is without it.

Double-page supporter
Yeah it would limit the advancement of technology when the time to learn things are so limited. I would assume that children would be required from very early age to learn from their parents so they can start getting experience. I can imagine that changing profession or position can be really hard in such society.
That assumes that the society is supposed to be sustainable on it's own or advance. Why assume God even created them for that purpose?
I don't believe for a minute this society is meant to do any such thing and I doubt they persue such things themselves. If that was the case the society itself would put a premium on manpower, especially young manpower.
You wouldn't have orphans running around as a gang. They'd all be caught and put to work.
Even consider the prison. These women are running around like it's a vacation. They do nothing but consume resources.
Honestly this world is an Incels idea of what a perfect world would be.

Users who are viewing this thread