A Princely Girlfriend’s Bad Habits - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, she's too manipulative, possessive, and jealous (and neither did she apologize until he found out nor has she gotten better). At this point it might be better for the MC to just break up and distance himself. Get the authorities involved if needed, cuz she's clearly a psycho.

Unfortunately, given the title of the Manga, this is unlikely.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, she's too manipulative, possessive, and jealous (and neither did she apologize until he found out nor has she gotten better). At this point it might be better for the MC to just break up and distance himself. Get the authorities involved if needed, cuz she's clearly a psycho.

Unfortunately, given the title of the Manga, this is unlikely.

I agree with you. Very much, honestly.
That said, his bad habit of forgiving her BS does work out, eventually. That 1% of abusive partners that comes around when confronted.
This is very much a “don’t try this at home, kids” moment. If someone you’re seeing acts like her, GET AWAY.
Get to a safe place and then see if you want to work through it and if it’s even worth trying.

Though she’s still kinda inconsiderate 5 years down the line, it’s not as unequivocally fucked up. It’s less inherently selfish, but just self-centered (there’s a difference, but I’m too sick to delineate the whole… thing. I actually to talk like this by default so trying to not Sound like an encyclopaedia takes energy I don’t have)

Dex-chan lover
I agree with you. Very much, honestly.
That said, his bad habit of forgiving her BS does work out, eventually. That 1% of abusive partners that comes around when confronted.
This is very much a “don’t try this at home, kids” moment. If someone you’re seeing acts like her, GET AWAY.
Get to a safe place and then see if you want to work through it and if it’s even worth trying.

Though she’s still kinda inconsiderate 5 years down the line, it’s not as unequivocally fucked up. It’s less inherently selfish, but just self-centered (there’s a difference, but I’m too sick to delineate the whole… thing. I actually to talk like this by default so trying to not Sound like an encyclopaedia takes energy I don’t have)
Even in a manga, one should not take a gambler's mindset. "I am just about to win" and "She willchange/has changed" are pretty much the same.

You actually might win, but it's not a good idea to find out. In this case, you're betting your life, sanity, peace, and so on.

Dex-chan lover
I just wanted a cute role reversal manga (like "Crossdressing Boy and Handsome Girl") that doesn't end up being toxic or tragic. 😭 Can someone suggest some to me please? Even Yeonwoo's Innocence got me feeling angsty lately.
I’ll be back with a list.
Gimme a few days.

Even in a manga, one should not take a gambler's mindset. "I am just about to win" and "She willchange/has changed" are pretty much the same.

You actually might win, but it's not a good idea to find out. In this case, you're betting your life, sanity, peace, and so on.
Yep.
Bad idea. My marriage was pretty toxic for a good while in many ways. Each of us did some things that were pretty bad to each other. We managed to change and improve.
Lotta blame on both sides, but mutual codependency is still unhealthy.

It working out doesn’t make us staying together sound, logical thinking.
We’re doing ok, now.
It’s bananas that we stayed together long enough for that to work out.

This manga is like when BL has some kind of consent line crossed. We shouldn’t have to hand-wave. It should either be called out correctly, only cause problems or never happen.
But we’re still in the era where I find myself saying “well, at least he only forced a kiss on him... Still probably won’t buy this”.

Dex-chan lover
I just wanted a cute role reversal manga (like "Crossdressing Boy and Handsome Girl") that doesn't end up being toxic or tragic. 😭 Can someone suggest some to me please? Even Yeonwoo's Innocence got me feeling angsty lately.
https://mangadex.org/title/98467236-8e2b-4f3d-ae7d-20ef4a84417a/how-i-attended-an-all-guy-s-mixer
Does this count? It rips, regardless.
Fuji is the best.
Hagi’s character arc is chef’s kiss
I’m reading the raws, then buying the raws as they become available. If there’s an official translation, and It’s at all good, it’s worth it.

https://mangadex.org/title/c7e5ac88-e2b2-4241-9f9d-05d7a12dcbc0/a-cute-guy
This is OK.

https://mangadex.org/title/1a9bccc5...you-the-one-sitting-next-to-me-are-the-cutest
Adorable.

https://mangadex.org/title/0545097b-c325-4dc3-a619-cedce793dc61/my-androgynous-boyfriend
We’re drifting further away, now…

Any other gender shenanigans I’ve been reading has been way more convoluted and/or queer.

but like I said, give me a few days, as I’m pretty sure there’s more I’ve read and am just forgetting.

Dex-chan lover
I'm kinda hoping this is like the end of the prologue and the rest of the plot centers around them eventually dealing with these issues, hopefully it doesn't end up resolved by the end of this and just become a cutesy SoL role reversal thing. I wanna see them (mainly her) work for it properly

https://mangadex.org/title/98467236-8e2b-4f3d-ae7d-20ef4a84417a/how-i-attended-an-all-guy-s-mixer
Does this count? It rips, regardless.
Fuji is the best.
Hagi’s character arc is chef’s kiss
I’m reading the raws, then buying the raws as they become available. If there’s an official translation, and It’s at all good, it’s worth it.

https://mangadex.org/title/c7e5ac88-e2b2-4241-9f9d-05d7a12dcbc0/a-cute-guy
This is OK.

https://mangadex.org/title/1a9bccc5...you-the-one-sitting-next-to-me-are-the-cutest
Adorable.

https://mangadex.org/title/0545097b-c325-4dc3-a619-cedce793dc61/my-androgynous-boyfriend
We’re drifting further away, now…

Any other gender shenanigans I’ve been reading has been way more convoluted and/or queer.

but like I said, give me a few days, as I’m pretty sure there’s more I’ve read and am just forgetting.
Dude, thank you so much. I'm queuing all of these up to read after I finish work today. I know I'm screwing myself over, being into such a niche genre, but as a tomboyish woman who likes feminine guys I gotta get my romance fix somewhere.
So if you know anymore I'd be happy to hear them. 🙇

Also as thanks, since you also seem to like gender shenanigans or non-conforming MF couples may I suggest Nearby Muscle Girl?

Dex-chan lover
Dude, thank you so much. I'm queuing all of these up to read after I finish work today. I know I'm screwing myself over, being into such a niche genre, but as a tomboyish woman who likes feminine guys I gotta get my romance fix somewhere.
So if you know anymore I'd be happy to hear them. 🙇

Also as thanks, since you also seem to like gender shenanigans or non-conforming MF couples may I suggest Nearby Muscle Girl?
NP.
I forgot about that series! I read the first few chapters way back when scanlations of it started, but then fell off.
This and other non-basic gender shenanigans has been my jam for a couple years, after finishing my own gender/orientation mess (took nearly 40 years of BS) and burning out on BL*, I needed some kind of new vibes.

Non-standard straight stuff, non-conforming, non-binary**…

*I’m a lesbian, but yuri is usually even less relatable, because I don’t know how guys work, but I know girls don’t work like they do in most yuri.
I also feel a bit basic, since it turned out I was conforming to gender norms, not bucking them… Dang! Eh. Nothing wrong with being basic.
I admit being pretty fu since I first watched Gundam Wing on Toonami (I am old, indeed), but I’m very picky about what BL I support, though. I lived through the many years of hand-waving SA because it was just always there. No more!
I like how many queer things are not in the “yuri” or ”BL” sections of the Pixiv Comics app (and most likely the shelves in stores, because the shelves are organised by publisher, then title. yeah, it’s different over there). Just under “romance” or “gag comedy”.

**I was recently pleasantly surprised and mildly annoyed by coming across “BL” but instead of “already/suddenly gay” it was “oh, I’m non-binary” (AMAB semi-femme enboy)
“non…?”
“I don’t mind that your friend thought I was a girl”
“ooooh, that’s good, because you’re really cute!”
Romance develops less awkwardly than before. That’s one scene. It just moves on .
Haru no Mizu.

It is honestly so adorable, but i’m like… There’s only one B in this “BL”!
The other doesn’t even seem to be attracted to guys! (Who knows about girls. Never comes up)
he was really “huh? Doki?“ then finds out his temporary roommate isn’t a guy and it’s just “doki”. Still thinks of him as “he/him”, which isn’t necessary in Japanese. Don’t even need to use pronouns at all in most circumstances, and certainly not internal monologue. It took me a couple reads to catch all the subtleties in that story. One could no know anything about non-binary stuff and miss it.
It’s not the focus on the story. It’s an important part of it, but you could totally miss it and it would still be adorable.

IT IS SO FRIGGIN CUTE!!! It follows BL story structure, so it doesn’t exactly have twists and turns, but THOSE TWO… FUCK they’re a cute couple! No shame. PDA without a thought.
Rips. Slaps. Bangs. Tight. Rules. Mint. Boss. Bomb. Excellent. Groovy. Marvellous. Enchanting. …it’s too early to get more archaic than that.

Dex-chan lover
It's not just some empty box. It's an indication of a scene change; the elapsation of time and/or transitioning of location. It's the manga version of a washout or fade transition in film.

Dex-chan lover
It's amazing that she's the one who left to give him space. It's a thin sliver of decency that most abusers wouldn't show.

Dex-chan lover
It's amazing that she's the one who left to give him space. It's a thin sliver of decency that most abusers wouldn't show.
Stick with it.
She crosses another line
she realises she’s awful and starts becoming less shit. She does care about him… in addition to being possessive, obsessive, and selfish.

but no one should give someone like this as many chances as he’s given her.
From the first kiss being how it was. Should’ve ended it.

Users who are viewing this thread