A Second Goodbye To You. - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Sora's past.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

So they went the route of making him a sympathetic villain, that's kinda boring. The idea his mother couldn't write a novel because he was born doesn't make sense, same with his dad working abroad tbh.

The tragic backstory feels kinda forced I feel like making him have loving parents but his love of true art or something would have been more interesting

Contributor
If they didn't want him that badly just adopt him away or abandon him in the forest or something. Ruining his and their life by keeping him doesnt help anybody.

Dex-chan lover
my god i'm so mad at sora's parents, that explains everything. thank you for translating!

Dex-chan lover
GOD, that was one of the worst-written backstories i have ever read. I may be thinking too realistically with this, but seriously?

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling (even before his house reveal) Sora has problems with his parents, but this is something else.
If they didn't want him that badly just adopt him away or abandon him in the forest or something. Ruining his and their life by keeping him doesnt help anybody.
Yeah, honestly, poor Sora. I guess it's hard for them who seem to keep up appearances so much. Like, it's obvious when the wife is pregnant, everyone else is already celebrating it, etc. Though I'm sure there are other ways they could take.
The tragic backstory feels kinda forced I feel like making him have loving parents but his love of true art or something would have been more interesting
I guess this is where Hakuraku comes in. Sora is already broken as he is, and Hakuraku breaks him further about art, perhaps.

lfb

Fed-Kun's army
It's shown in the chapter that their parents cared about saving face, and they'd definitely lose face if they abandoned their kid.
Thanks for the chapter.

So they went the route of making him a sympathetic villain, that's kinda boring. The idea his mother couldn't write a novel because he was born doesn't make sense, same with his dad working abroad tbh.

I agree that making him a sympathetic villain was really predictable and a bit disappointing. But I think his parents losing job opportunities due to pregnancy makes sense, although terrible to pin the blame on the kid. His dad might have turned down abroad job offers to stay close to his pregnant wife and help her out like any good husband should. His mom was going to write a novel for a magazine and might have had to turn down the job offer either cause pay wasn't good or the company was not accommodating to someone who's pregnant. Then afterwards, they probably couldn't get their dream job offer again. Them blaming their kid of loss of job opportunity, whether true or not, also adds onto how shi*** they are and just want to point fingers to make themselves feel better.

Fed-Kun's army
IMO it would have been better to just make Sora a lonely and neglected child because his father worked overseas and his mother ignored him to focus on her writing. There's no need for them to repeatedly and openly tell him they hate him and want him to die (if nothing else, you'd think they'd be worried about him saying what they told him to a teacher or something).

Dex-chan lover
As others said, this was really awkward and bad writing, and there was a multitude of alternative ways to go about this that make this choice by the author baffling. It felt like the author went out of their way to just make the parents this shallow hate sink. Even though the author could've EASILY shown the parents before interacting with Hinata and his parents in a gentle way, this is literally the first time we've ever seen them. Functionally introduced in this chapter as a plot device more than any kind of realistic characters.

To read all these comments and opinions i can agree on what yall see are true from you're point of view. But from my view as a child in the same situation in some terms i can confirm two things, one- yes the way his back story plays out is ridiculous and feels horrible written or rush as you might say, two- all of his trauma and the way his character developed although may seem incredibly unrealistic but is in fact real.
The "real" you see might not be as harsh as this but life can be mess up in the most unexpected ways, his obsession of Hinata isn't simply boiled down to just "yandere" like one of you said but it is his love, the only love he has ever received in his life, his will to live is equal to his love for Hinata and it's only natural that a human would want to live. (His crimes for the sake of art is just a part of his character and helps carry out his image more!)
Therefore his obsession is a form of living (to simplify humans live as a society because we need connections, Sora's only connection in such a long time was Hinata making it a deeper form of love than you would normally see).
And for those who wish Sora would turn to be a full on twisted mind villain due to his love for art and desire to reach "a higher rank of expression", thus not being the "usual kind" of sympathetic villain you are being what you said he is- unrealistic!. Humans aren't born with hate or a natural will to kill to reach that wish of yours, its only causes like these, to be taken away from your love and life to reach this insanity and even then you're still a human with emotions being controlled by strong needs provoked from wrong ideas!
Sora is a kid desperate for love. The only reason this type of villain is common because they take part as humans, if it was something else then you will have your true pure evil villain.
I took my time to write this because it affected me deeply, i hope you can have second thoughts about Sora from this.

Users who are viewing this thread