A Single Aristocrat Enjoys a Different World: The Graceful Life of a Man Who Never Gets Married - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The Loner Noble Makes Coffee Mill

This series reminded me of Japanese drama "Kekkon Dekinai Otoko" or the South-Korean adaptation "Gyeolhon Mothaneun Namja". Very similar in many aspect.

Dex-chan lover
Why would some guy who's only talked to him once, and she knows this, know how to get closer to the dude? How obnoxious.

Comes to works and can't stop blabbering about stuff even when the other guy says he isn't interested! But when someone else does it to him, it's jarring!
True. He doesn't care for what others have to say or do, but is very happy to talk about himself to others unwarranted. I've said before he has a bad personality.

And if he didn't have knowledge(other people knowledge)from his previous life, he would probably live from his family inheritance or some kind of trust-fund
He'd still be a genius at magic tool production though. He's ideas may come from another world, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have been able to come up with another solution to the same problem.
Anyway, that's the isekai genre as a whole. If it weren't for their knowledge, skills, gifts, cheats, blah blah blah, would they be able to do anything? You can probably count on one hand where there's an isekai with a protag who was purely self-sufficient and dependent on no one.

Dex-chan lover
True. He doesn't care for what others have to say or do, but is very happy to talk about himself to others unwarranted. I've said before he has a bad personality.
I blame that more on the author not being able to figure out a better way to convey what he wants to, forcing the MC to commit verbal diarrhea even though it seems to go against his established personality (quiet, reserved, only cares about his interests).

Like, I think the author wants to depict the MC as a loner who is mostly introverted but also introspective, but because of bad writing, he comes off as "I'm my favorite subject" when it's really the author not being able to figure out a better way to convey what should be his own internal monologue (which he has a lot of when other people aren't present, so he's clearly a thoughtful—as in, thinks a lot—person).

Unrelated sidenote: MC owns the business, right? Not sure why he'd put him with that subordinate when he could probably very easily hire a better candidate given his level of fame and wealth.

This chapter had coffee in it so I'm already satisfied.
sponsored by the coffee gang (I wish).

Dex-chan lover
This is getting good, I pray to god the author holds strong and keeps the MC a lone wolf chad. The moment I see him getting caught up in drama I'm dropping this

Dex-chan lover
Typical woman, selfishly expecting others to help, even with getting with the guy they like they expect other guys to help them.
What? It's true. I'm not hating, just stating fact.
If we really are not sugarcoating it then yeah, it do be like that, and for those who don't know, it's not always the case, but there're situation like this irl, and it's worse if you know your bro doesn't like the girl, cuz 7 times out of 10 you're getting your ass dragged into their affair for no reason :facepalm:

Man, shoutout to all you aroace homies out there you really got it rough trying to find any kind of good representation. I was hoping this would be a good one but it's really going the route of portraying being aroace as equivalent to having an antisocial personality disorder, and y'all really deserve better than that.

Based on what we've seen of his antisocial personality I feel like he would be much more comfortable living in complete isolation somewhere, but he still wants to have all the comforts of civilization. Wanting to enjoy the benefits of society and then acting miserable when he needs to actually participate in any interpersonal activity that it requires. It really just feels like he's sitting in a volcano complaining that it's hot.
I hope he manages to make at least one friend who he can tolerate so that social situations can be more tolerable if he's choosing to continue living somewhere that he's going to be forced into them. Maybe novel readers can spoil me, does mc ever make a single meaningful and mutually enjoyed platonic relationship?

Dex-chan lover
I‘m in it for the food and magic tool scenes but damn this man is one of the least likable MCs I’ve come across in a long time

Today I learned a new word. I have a couple of close friends who fit the (proper) definition, so it's good to know there's a term for it.
Yea it's always nice to have an understanding about terminology and such that affects/describes people who you're close to.
I remember when I was younger and it wasn't a common thing to distinguish romantic and sexual attraction as different things that could exist without the other, so asexual was the only term that we used before being aromantic actually became more well known.
(a bit ironic that it's trying to spell check "aromantic" as not being a word as I'm typing this)

Dex-chan lover
lady didn't know the saying "A way to man's heart is through his stomach"

Users who are viewing this thread