The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 18 - The Passing of Winter (5)

@shygirlthat Ah, I’m not sure if I can give you a link. But you can just google “A Step Mother’s Marchen spoilers” and it should be the first result from Novel Update‘s forum. (^-^)

Fed-Kun's army
I don't really feel like this story needed any kind of ML or romance at this point tbh. Especially how it fall completely out of the blue (love at first sight...really?).

Dex-chan lover
OH HO hoho

Yeah actually I feel like there's no need for romance.

At most this can be a setup for 7 years later lmao

Fed-Kun's army
@Mivas same I felt like the story can proceed with no romance considering the title being called Stepmother, I thought that the story should only be about the family only.

Dex-chan lover
@amiradiana yeah, considering the current cover for the series rn I was worried the oldest son and the new guy would both be her love interests. Pursuing a relationship with the oldest son would have made me super uncomfortable and I would have dropped this at the first whiff of anything like that. Luckily, the way she thinks of the family IS as her own, if not her own kids at least her own younger siblings. Thats the wholesome vibe you get so I understand why people think there wasnt a need for there to be romance. I liked her just focusing on the family as well.

BUT to everyone hmmm-ing the romance consider this: If there was no alternative male lead who did uptake the romantic torch, then the oldest son would maybe take a psuedo role like that in the story to the point where he could be like read as the romantic endgame option to tie up loose ends or something. I could see fans wishing for that and then the author making some kind of time skip epilogue implying that to be the endgame or outright having it be the case. Id rather there be an actual explicit romantic male lead. also this is cute for her, i cant imagine she and the old moneybags dude she married had any sort of romantic or sexual relationship (what would they have in common she was a literal child when she got sold off by her family to him lol). so this time she can have her family AND experience some actual romance with someone closer to her own age outside of the family.

#ROMANCE4MILFS #SUPPORTYOUNGMILFS

Okay well there’s a mysterious boy so there’s only one possibility of who he could be. That kid’s the crown prince. Calling it now.

romance was a little out of the blue... also the black background panels are messing me up esp since every other webtoon uses those to represent the past... still love the story tho

Double-page supporter
Is that a little ML I see? I need to know their ages so I can determine whether to ship

Why are people being wary with them when couples with a older guy and younger girl are so normalized (I don't like them tho) but the opposite is strange? Double standards much.
I believe they only have a 2-3 years age gap at maximum.

Users who are viewing this thread