The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 32 - The Passing of Winter (19)

Dex-chan lover
this chapter feels odd... is that really how it is? Were things added or missing or what?

This chapter is totally off from the previous one so I'm kinda confused 😂
Anyway, I wonder who is the Male Lead. Is it Nora or the crown prince who's name I forgot?

Dex-chan lover
Ding Ding Ding

The flag has been raised. All aboard.

😱OHHHH MY GODDDDDDDD~! 😱
DAMN, I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST SEEING HIS MOM IN HER, NOT THAT HE WANTED TO BE HIS FRIEND'S NEW STEP-DADDY! 😵

I really like how they show the peasantry as a little more than 'background at the market' in this chapter and highlight the class disparities as more than just "wow this man is so rich he could by the entire country AND he's handsome" that these royalty-based isekai usually do. Inequality is such an afterthought in these types of stories unless it's heroine poor --> heroine scooped up --> heroine wants for nothing and doesn't think about her upbringing outside of flashbacks. like if you grew up starving, living in a castle should make you feel a little disgusted at least, in addition to initial feelings of wonder. and even for stepmother's marchen where shuli was lower nobility it's trite (esp in romance-isekai) to have a story laser focused on who's the richest most attractive gentlemen over and over without any conflict grounded in realism. But everything is continuing to be refreshing here - very impressed.

Dex-chan lover
Capturejygiuy.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IPPn9t6dyE

ivv

Dex-chan lover
uwaaaaa...
I dunno, I feel like shuli isn't ready for any shipping yet xD

Well that escalated. Lol the faces Rachel makes are so funny/cute. Thank you so much for the chapter!!❤️❤️

@Melange yeah, he has the male lead's characteristics after all 😆
dark hair and kinda cold personality

Users who are viewing this thread