The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 35 - Christmas (2)

Can't he just stop and listen to his son for a minute. I'm thankful he supports our FL (especially during the challenging times) but I wish he'd to the same to his only son. geddemmit.

I knew it that Prince is shady af. 🌚

Thanks for the chapter and Hang . in there Nora!!!!

Niooooooo Nora. I feel so bad bc that kind of terrible non-listening parenting and teaching is so real. That shit really happens to kids... ;-;

@Tammy - I'm sorry, I really confused here. ;_;

This trial that you're talking about, is it the same trial she just went through in the earlier chapters or is it one coming up in the future? I mean, if it's the former, I don't really see the benefit of voiding out her marriage back then. I mean what's there to gamble since wouldn't that take away her title of Duchess/Head of the family name, (because then she would no longer be married to the name) leaving it open for those greedy relatives to come claim that title? And I thought the whole point of that trial was to show she could lead the family and properly manage the family wealth even though she's still young. If it's the latter though, I could understand if this situation arose where such a thing was more beneficial to her and the kids.

Dex-chan lover
@Tammy
I think I see what you mean re. the cardinal. He sees himself as this impregnable paragon of religious virtue, free of baser human lust and vices. But then he sees Shuli and his attraction to her conflicts against his self-important religious side, making him conclude that she's an evil harlot come to tempt him away from his true path.

Contributor
See this kind of thing is exactly why I really dislike when they try to replace Korean honorifics with English words, it doesn't make any sense why he'd accidentally call her miss or be embarrassed about it.

I feel like it would have been better if they'd left it as nuna and slapped a little tl note in there for those who don't know what that means. I know it doesn't match the European-esque setting, but it doesn't make sense if you translate it to miss or sister. It doesn't carry the same meaning.

@KhalE Hmm, I think you mean noona. Girls refer to older girls as unnie and guys refer to older girls as noona. Also I think they said they just didn't like having Korean um titles or whatever it's called in a western setting. Like it clashes and disturbs some people's immersion in the story. But I agree, it conveys a different feeling than miss. For instance familiarity/closeness, like it shows that they're relationship is progressing. And it sounds sort of cuter plus it makes more sense in a couple of the situations in manhwa to me.

This is what happens when you always compare your child to others in front of them and don't actually listen to what they have to say. His father keeps trying to make him another person and doesn't see Nora for who he is.... Can't he just move in with Shuli? He's obviously suffering in his own home

Jesus this is so sad to read, the CP is manipulative and narcisstic lil shit and since he has the title of Crown Prince everyone around him is doing their best to satisfy his selfish needs.
Poor Nora

Users who are viewing this thread