The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 52

Dex-chan lover
The fact that she looks so much like the ex empress has bit her in the butt way to many times. I need to know whyyyyyyyy
Many thanks

Ah, I was wondering if I was the only one hitting like a bear his keyboard to charge the pages 10 and 11 xD Thank you for the translation ! 3

@EminaDigiCC0306 Johannes' Brother in Law wants to grow the lavender flowers. The flowers represent the dead Empress who is the mother of the Prince that Jeremy hit. In previous chapters it said the Imperial Family outlawed their growth. In the previous chapter it was setting up that Johannes' marriage to Shuli was a business arrangement. But this scene is hinting that Johannes chose Shuli because of her resemblance to the late Empress. That resemblance is also why the Prince is after Shuli.

Dex-chan lover
@EminaDigiCC0306 iirc middle aged elias the count was asked to breed or cultivate a purple flower that the emperor wanted to dedicate to the wife/consort?/queen? who was the crown prince’s mother (aka shuli look-alike). this next part is my presumption, but when the shuli look-alike died, the emperor ordered all specimens of the purple flower be destroyed, probably as a result of his/the imperial family’s grief. the count is frustrated bc it’s an entirely unique breed of flowers and doesn’t wanna destroy it. apparently johannes was someone who has a lot of power in the palace and yet was similarly unable to persuade the emperor to change his mind.

(again this is my speculation) it seems like johannes had some deep feelings for the late queen, hence the count recalled being confused as to why johannes continued to stare at the shuli look-alike’s portrait for such a long time.

@sketchy333
I don't think that Johannes had any real feelings for the late queen, but if we are to look back at Shuli's flashbacks we have to assume that Johannes is making preparations for "something". If I'm remembering right, Shuli even asks him why he's training her for taking over his land and he literally states that he's "preparing" her. Now this is complete speculation but I think that Johannes
is /was in the same situation as Shuli and traveled back in time after his initial death and now the two of them are stuck in their own separate time loops as they try to create the best possible outcome for their family

Hate that the nobles are so ignorant to the fact that maybe Johannes loved Shuli. Or the image of her and what she represented. But thanks for the translation. Hope page 10 and 11 get fixed soon so I can make out the story completely. I don't know who was yelling or why they were yelling for.

Users who are viewing this thread