A Story about a Cat Reincarnated in a Different World Where There are no Cats. - Ch. 12

Supporter
IMG-20230327-043307.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Prefacing that I'm a cat person, but refuse to own pets as I find the opportunity costs to be too expensive...

Every cat-hero interaction makes me feel bad. It's like when I realized pandas have weaponized their adorableness in order to defy extinction, while any arthropod is basically doomed to an early grave.

The previous cat-demon lord interactions are rather precious though.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this joke series has better pacing and characterisation then most isekais...... feels badman lol.

Dex-chan lover
Burn the inn owner on a stake! It is blasphemy, wait till the demon lord hears about this, he'll put things straight

Dex-chan lover
shoudnt adventure should able to camp too. Why using inn that expensive to you to begin with
Inns restore your hp and it’s a hell of a lot easier to not get robbed at an inn. They probably feed you too.

Dex-chan lover
Inns restore your hp and it’s a hell of a lot easier to not get robbed at an inn. They probably feed you too.
The pedant in me is triggered, so apologies for the rambling in advance.
If we're basing it off European-styled fantasy settings...
The differences from a hostel or pub, an inn generally had a dedicated food prep area instead of just an open hearth, as a result the food for sale (food was generally not included with the bed) was usually of better quality, and more importantly a means of accommodating things like horses and goods safely and securely.

As for camping, it wouldn't be all bad either. Someone alone was a target, so I've read it was common for several travelers to cluster together simply out of necessity if they weren't able to afford or find a bed for the night. Most villages subject to regular travel had cleared space for general use purposes usually identified as a "village green" outside whatever served as the fence, which was distinct from any communal pasture they had. It also allowed chances for socializing, which despite the demeanor of most manga MCs, is something people actively look for. A loner would be the first to be identified and monitored.

Also if the town was large enough for a fenced-in church ground or monastery, it was often an option as well and provided income for the church. It also meant attempts at crime had to happen in a place people were watching rather than in the fringes.

Dex-chan lover
oh i forgot there are RPG mechanic too ?
I was being cheeky, but in retrospect it’s much less obvious when so many works actually integrate rpg mechanics nowadays.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread