A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Magic Swordsman

@Nikolus
Why did he pick Frick for his new name? Thats stupid enough for me to drop it.

Perhaps he've done that in order to compensate from his big dick move at page 11... still he should have just named himself to "Chad De Alpha" at that point cause thats an 'Alpha' move, the only thing left is to ""Frick""( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)-sorry-) some big dick brawlers daughter *cough* "Noelia" *cough* and live happily to show her cunt of an ex a 'Chad' move

So, I’m currently reading the LN and it’s got a nice slow pace. Frick the MC is a bit on the dense side but not he’s not completely un-saveable. The side stories involving he’s EX is fairly interesting and shows that there is more going on in this story than a guy starting his life over. We've already met his new love interest and we'll soon see he's quite OP with his magic, but don't worry he won't leave the sword behind for magic he uses both. Overall I very much enjoy the LN and am looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

TEU

Dex-chan lover
@turtac
Thankfully, no. He does not get a harem. I enjoy the novel more precisely because I like his romance with the FMC (Noelia) and the childhood friend has no intention of romancing him anymore (She recognizes later down the line what she felt for him was not romantic love, but more of a fraternal love), she just wants to apologize for being a b*tch to him and move on.

@hellknightofdeath
f94.jpg

@HallowedDeep
There's more to the plot than just the romance progression, tbh. Specially on Alfine's side (which appears latter down the line).

Dex-chan lover
Wow. They should rename this to "Finally, A Beta ML That Actually Grew A Pair!"

Hope the translators change his name, Frick is absolutely terrible. Sounds like Napoleon Dynamite named a character

M10

I was happy to see the mc stand up to his abusive girlfriend but the magic ball scene and after where disapointing.

thank you for the new manga! although it has some cliched tropes, very enjoyable scenario. glad he broke up with the abusive gf

Mmmm very intruiging. I've never seen any plot like this before, except for the op magic shit, everything else is quite refreshing compared to other copy and paste iseka.

People are talking about toxic relationship and abuse, but this mc really comes off as a guy who bottles up everything and explodes randomly, especially given the girl's expression. This lame premise could have been avoided or solved if he ever just tried talking to her about it.

Hopefully it gets better and there's a bit more nuance to the situation and characters.

I do hope he does end up talking things out with that other girl. Not saying that he should go back, no matter why she did it, she was still a toxic girlfriend and he was within his right to leave if he wanted.

But from an outside perspective, she doesn't seem to mean to hurt him but is more stressed out and is taking her frustrations on him. Which is wrong, but I have a feeling that there was a chance they could have worked this out somehow or maybe they couldn't.
Still I think it would be healthy for the both of them to talk about what went wrong; even if they still remain apart. Especially for the girl since it might help her grow but just leaving like this risks her wallowing her in depression or anger and getting even more toxic to someone in the future. Might also help her realize she may need to step back from whatever other things in her life are making her stressed enough to take it out on her boyfriend.

Again I'm not saying they need to fix things but that it might be good if they discuss things and break thing off much more amicably.

Dex-chan lover
Does not looks like something interesting. MC that needs to drown his sorrow in a bucket of icecream to complete the image makes an image change and creates an uproar because of how awesome he is.
Also to establish something just before break it (like for example introducing concept that is broken next scene or explaining why should reader be amazed by something without prior point of reference) is seems to be the case for the writing.
But it's just my take on it, someone else might enjoy what seems like wish fullfillment/self incert manga.

Wow, I finally see an MC who's not a masochist that can stand with stupid tsundere cliche. Totally gonna subscrive this one, lol

Users who are viewing this thread