Ace of Diamond - Vol. 46 Ch. 408 - Failure as the Captain

Fed-Kun's army
It's a little disappointing that Sawamura as the MC couldn't have the team's full trust even at the end of the 1st series, but I'm hoping that he can take the Ace position sometime in the future.

@SpaceFootballKing I think he does have the team's full trust, and it is proved by the number of innings he played despite the bad match he did against them before, but Furuya always was superior to him, even injured. There is no reason for the coach to change who the ace is, and even in a strategic POV, bringing a new pitcher, so a change of pace, and someone who destroyed the entire team in the summer match is probably the best idea.
But yeah, I hope Sawamura gets his time to shine, maybe with Furuya as an opponent later (in college maybe).

@Erilien how was bringing in Furuya a good idea? He’s injured, he’s never played good in the first inning and Sawamura has all the momentum he could get now after striking out the best batters of Yakushi. If they got a single run when Furuya had his usual bad start then it could’ve destroyed his pitching career.

@Link1820 Letting Sawamura pitch meant the Coach is prepared for extra innings, letting Furuya pitch meant he's going all in in this inning. It was symbolic for the team. That's why Coach looked at Miyuki before he decided, because he didn't want Miyuki to endure extra innings and his way to make a statement to the team and everyone else and motivate them to absolutely end it in this inning was by choosing Furuya. I mean I agree, I would've wanted Sawamura to pitch till the end but I also understand what message the Coach wanted to send. Coach Kataoka makes a lot of decision based on trust. He trusted that Furuya can do it and that the team basically had no other choice but to follow through because there was no Plan B to fall back to. Sure it might be reckless but that's Seidou's baseball. If they are in a pinch, they are even more aggressive.

Users who are viewing this thread