Adopted Daughter-in-Law Is Preparing to Be Abandoned - Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
This is an absolute farce. There's no need to listen to anything the (fake) child priestess and a random hobo from the streets are saying. A priestess or not, she's just harassing people. "I don't know where I am from, I don't know your mother's name or what she looked like, I don't know where I met her, I don't know my own bloody name. In fact I don't even know you, but I know I'm supposed to say you are my daughter." <- That's pretty much the whole case here.

If Ellie really must go along with that foolish scheme, they should get a real priest/priestess involved, not some little brat. If the whole reputation of the temple was on the line, things would proceed more according to the textbook.

Dex-chan lover
This is an absolute farce. There's no need to listen to anything the (fake) child priestess and a random hobo from the streets are saying. A priestess or not, she's just harassing people. "I don't know where I am from, I don't know your mother's name or what she looked like, I don't know where I met her, I don't know my own bloody name. In fact I don't even know you, but I know I'm supposed to say you are my daughter." <- That's pretty much the whole case here.

If Ellie really must go along with that foolish scheme, they should get a real priest/priestess involved, not some little brat. If the whole reputation of the temple was on the line, things would proceed more according to the textbook.
I think that’s actually what Ellie is gonna do but at this very moment she is playing along to show the people her and her family isn’t opposed to the “church” while also NOT going with the unconfirmed priests plan.

What I think might happen is Ellie will basically get a “let’s meet again later” while after telling the duke to ask for HIS own people for a priest or to find a actual priest.

But mostly like you said it’s a farce as Ellie can just act like a brat and simply say No, this may affect her image to the people but still the church and the duke probably shouldn’t go to war over a kid’s tantrum.

Dex-chan lover
Ellie pulled the fastest Uno reverse i have ever seen being pulled in a conversation

So glad Ellie wasn't swayed with that Duke comment. Hopefully they'll be able to rip apart that priestess' plan & reveal it to everyone

Thank you Scans team for another chapter! 🫰

Users who are viewing this thread