After School Mate - Vol. 2 Ch. 13.5

damn i cant believe its actually confirmed that he's not pursuing him in that way

Dex-chan lover
damn i cant believe its actually confirmed that he's not pursuing him in that way
I think its pretty healthy honestly, he doesn't shy away from the fact he had those thoughts/feelings but that was before he fully accepted Rika as he is, now that he has accepted how Rika is he has moved onward and just wants to be there as his friend. If he continued to pursue him with the mindset he had it would have been bad for both of them.

(also judging from Rika's seeming interest/attraction in that one girl that was his classmate it wouldnt have worked out anyways)

Personally I like it, moving on is a good lesson too.

Dex-chan lover
Author should have doubled down and just shown them with different partners in the future.

To really commit to the whole "just friends" theme, and not give viewers false hopes.

Not this ambiguous ending where they still tease the potential for a future for them while not delivering anything in return.

That's why your story only had 13 chaps I guess, eh author?

Dex-chan lover
Ah. There's the "resolution" everybody's been looking for. I mean, there was no way he was going to do anything about his then-feelings anyway. They're both dudes.

Hah. There's even a callback to those stag beetle robot toys they saw during the festival... Same chapter Inoue realized he had fallen in love.

Dex-chan lover
Wish we could've seen the drunk side of uncle more, and see Satsuki grow and become more open to other people instead of just a few panels. Will miss it.

I think its pretty healthy honestly, he doesn't shy away from the fact he had those thoughts/feelings but that was before he fully accepted Rika as he is, now that he has accepted how Rika is he has moved onward and just wants to be there as his friend. If he continued to pursue him with the mindset he had it would have been bad for both of them.

(also judging from Rika's seeming interest/attraction in that one girl that was his classmate it wouldnt have worked out anyways)

Personally I like it, moving on is a good lesson too.
Rika probably being straight is a fair shout but I think it feels weird seeing how much it was set up only to have Satsuki go "yeah I just want to see him smile and be friends with him forever" instead of really reflecting on the fact that he can fall in love with a dude and how that can be a perfectly normal way to live his life.

Dex-chan lover
Rika probably being straight is a fair shout but I think it feels weird seeing how much it was set up only to have Satsuki go "yeah I just want to see him smile and be friends with him forever" instead of really reflecting on the fact that he can fall in love with a dude and how that can be a perfectly normal way to live his life.
But that's the issue, he can't. Or at least seemingly cant.

He was attracted to Rika when he viewed him as a girl still. After sorting it all out and viewing Rika as a guy he moved on because he isn't attracted to guys and since Rika is a guy its a no-go.

It's a different lesson that he learned really.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for scanlating this series! It seems like it ended a bit quickly but that's fine I guess...

But that's the issue, he can't. Or at least seemingly cant.

He was attracted to Rika when he viewed him as a girl still. After sorting it all out and viewing Rika as a guy he moved on because he isn't attracted to guys and since Rika is a guy its a no-go.

It's a different lesson that he learned really.
It doesn't seem like he can't, because he's always been suspicious, seeming to deny himself about having feelings for Rika knowing that Rika is a boy. So much so that in the end he says that he thought that he was attracted to Rika as a girl, but that wasn't exactly true, and in the end it seems that the feelings were not forgotten.

Wake up babes, the boy is in love with Rika as a boy and refuses to accept it.
The signs are scattered throughout the entire manga. Him saying he "hates that side of him" the way he looks at Rika isn't misleading.

Group Leader
Great manga. Loved the ways it overlapped with my own experiences.

Thanks for translating! Awesome work!

Users who are viewing this thread