Aikagi-kun to Shiawase Gohan - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - A Mild, Gentle Flavor

Fed-Kun's army
Well, i think it will take more than 50 to 60 chapters to develop romance between these two

Dex-chan lover
Yes, cabbage, rice and egg would be boring as heck, TL, but the secret was in the dashi. That stuff can work flavor miracles.

Dex-chan lover
dashi is the secret ingredient, it make everything taste 100 times better, even plain cabbage turns amazing with it

I've had a similar dish of cabbage and ground turkey, over rice. Was really good and comforting!! Kind of want it again now....

Dex-chan lover
oooo i have some udon soup and dashi packets, ill attempt this the next time i get cabbage!!

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm..... I don't know. This might be only limited to Japanese rice only. Other rice will not work with this combination

@oichifan39 yeah, chopping the cabbage into smaller parts and using it in your fried rice will work. If you even feel adventurous, there's also kimchi fried rice that has some fermented cabbage in it thou I'm not the fan of eating it (My sister and mother almost cooked every week since the start of the pandemic which driven me to this point)

spring cabbage is genuinely sweet and very nice lightly stirfried, so it’s become a bit translucent but not til it’s mushy.

It doesn’t have to be Japanese rice, but it should be a medium or short grained rice. Long grain rice will not be the same.

Dex-chan lover
There's also dashi and bonito flakes so it's better than just plain rice with furikake

Dex-chan lover
Already said by many, but it's not just rice and cabbage, there's also what basically amounts to a soup mix in there.

@oichifan39
Not really fried rice I think, what with all the water and the lid - more like resteamed rice with frycooked cabbage (and that soupy flavor). So I can easily imagine it as being a very kind kind of food. Possibly the child of congee and fried rice XD

Users who are viewing this thread