Akatsuki no Yona - Vol. 42 Ch. 242 - The vanished dragons

Dex-chan lover
Damn... If chagol's not the final boss (since he is not the main leader of kai), then this arc/war is still long too. They still have more to do yet 3 dragons are missing...

But really, chagol really felt like a final boss except in his end.

Dex-chan lover
All because that guy drank out of the goblet
The dragon boyyyssss t_____t

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you so much for the scanlations and the translation note!! The explanation on Chagol being called Emperor and his actual status really helps clear things up.
I wonder what happened to the chalice...if its disappearance has anything to the dragons disappearing too..
I hope Hak and Suwon can finally talk without Suwon losing consciousness and ppl showing up suddenly. lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
this manga strongly needs some character clashes and tension. when it started i was looking forward to Yona's final clashes with Soo-won. when she joined sides with him without agreeing with him on everything, that was an interesting pivot, but it feels like so much was left unsaid for so long in these arcs that the moment to address their divide has passed. if/when it eventually comes, i wonder if it'll feel anticlimactic.

it would've been cool if Yona's inner circle wasn't SO harmonious. like if the dragons, while being 'blood brothers,' were actually different enough that it would occasionally cause more serious strife. as of now it's alway something external driving everyone apart and it can get tedious.

I don’t see people talk enough about this but just like Il was a bad leader because he was an overt pacifist, Soo-won is a horrible leader because he’s a war monger. He takes after his monster of a dad and idiot of a mom

Users who are viewing this thread