Alternatives to Photoshop for Scanlation?

Group Leader
So I did a fresh install recently, and while I could fight my way through installing my old cracked version of Photoshop... MEH.

Are there any alternatives for scanlations? I own CSP but it's not really clicking for scanlation work, especially the text tools.

only problem with gimp is that you can't use all the scripts, macros and type helping stuff from photoshop :<

Group Leader
@crazybars

Was thinking Krita, but it doesn't seem to import Adobe PSD files quite right -- the text layers aren't text layers anymore, they're rasterized. Gimp has the same issue. Neither of them have great text tools in general, but looking into it, Photoshop was apparently always a pretty bad choice for that, heh.

@ KiTA I would recommend you to check out photopea.com it supports lots of file format including .psd and the UI looks alot like photoshop.

I forgot to mention that it is not a application you can download and install, it's a web page/app you open in your browser and use it for whatever. Basically as long as your device supports any of the major browsers you'll be able to use it to editing purposes

I mainly use GIMP, my sister used Photoshop then moved to SAI then settled with CSP.

Double-page supporter
hFRnfZr.jpg

jk, what's wrong with photoshop? It's the only Adobe software that isn't a shit.

Group Leader
Use MS Paint.
The releases will end up so horrible that angry readers will come and complain, so you can recruit them to do the work in your stead.
Definitely a poor technical tool, but an excellent psychological weapon...

Users who are viewing this thread