Amai Seikatsu - Vol. 10 Ch. 93 - Potential of Love

Group Leader
Thank you a lot to those who commented in the past. I appreciate you doing so. Please enjoy the chapter and comment away. I'll be choosing 3 comments this time around.

Dex-chan lover
she has a point though 😆 pls don't choose me saint, i am a 👻

Double-page supporter
I'm tempted to say that Shinsuke's family is stuck in the Edo era. *BA-DUM-TSS!*

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty typical of large, established, wealthy traditional families.

The expectations i mean, not the use of older tools.

When my mother married my father, there were tons of responsibilities she had to learn, among them was managing and hosting large social gatherings under my paternal grandmother's supervision.

Managing the kitchen and cooking for a small army while ordering around any servants or helpers available, guests for gatherings can number from 30 to 100 depending on the occasion.

This ended up biting my father and mother in the ass when they lost the inheritence fight, since they never adjusted to middle class lifestyle.

I hope that you have a good trip...

...And if you choose Colorado, the NEW "Smoky" Mountains...

...Try NOT to let the cannabis haze over the entire state affect your translating, my friend.

Double-page supporter
@SunSun Oh boy! I very well know that feeling. My grandfather owned a factory founded by his father and everybody in the city knew the family by name and greeted them on the street. The expectations when you marry into such a family are huge. I remember when they died the number of guests went well above 150. And lets be clear: Back then you wouldn't dare order catering for anything but the most complex things (like patisserie).

Dex-chan lover
Kuono is just digging a hole, deeper and deeper; and then the "proper" example of Wakamiya-san is just sitting there, being all perfect for the family...

Dex-chan lover
I just read the last couple chapters with comments. @BanditHadron and the others who wondered about Edo's father: Read chapter 58 with the mother's flashbacks. It was an arranged marriage (we see the omiai). His father stayed just long enough to produce a son to inherit the family business and then (understandably) left. He fathered four daughters first, but remember this is Japan and a very conservative family (although that kitchen was a bit much).
@saintguardian you gave me a shock a few chapters ago when you said there were 400 chapters left, so I checked and apparently this is still being published 30 years after it started! I hope you keep going for as long as you can, great work!

Thank you for the chapter! And ok, I'll admit that test really like hell for modern people. I have visited a backwater village in my country last year and the experience just like throw you back to 40 years ago! People still cooking with firewoods stove, unpainted wooden houses, unpainted wooden furniture, veggies from their own farm field, fish fresh from the sea, electricity available only from 6PM - 10PM, no cellular signal, no internet, no computers, no radio, watching satellite tv together with the neighbors, muddy and rocky roads, miles away from nearest grocery store, no medical facility, and upnormal gasoline price. But the good side is clean air, clear water, green village, friendly and good attitude people. Man, how I miss those days, peaceful slow life.

Do you mind if I correct a few errors?
Page 43: Or... Could it be that you can't put it on by yourself?
Page 48: The rule applies once once you're over 20 years old.
As usual, thanks for chapter! Kouno looks like a maid in kimono while Wakamiya has the image of a housewife. And despite having a diploma in nutrition Kouno is a hardass drinker lol.

I never thought I'd be as invested in a manga like this as I am. Thank you for translating!

For your trip, Colorado would probably be a safer bet, plus if you feel truly adventurous, the camping and hiking is great.

I'm happy I could read a few chapters of this; MD is still giving me loading problems!

Thank you so much for these; loving your chapter comments and notes! 😊

Group Leader
@Kaiser92 Why are you a ghost? And yes, she has a very valid point.

@ElBichoRaro , @SunSun You gave me permission to use your comment in advance. The dice gods have chosen you.

@PervySageChuck Sadly, my trip has been delayed until the end of September. Sorry if I confused you and anyone else. Thankfully, I don't translate but I also have no desire to use weed. My older brother's used weed and abused me while they were high and while they were in withdrawal. I have been permanently scarred from using the drug in any form. I don't care if the person uses it but I have no desire to be with that person or be near them while they consume it.

@Ruhrpottpatriot So something that would take months or weeks to make?

@Ren-chan When in comedy, the bigger the mess, the bigger the laughs.

@AProunds I disagree but to each their own.

@BanditHadron You have no idea man. She's been proven to be a control freak but future chapters could show something else.

@Seraphus Well, perfect in the mother's eye.

@Draugadrottinn I have to disagree with a part of what you say. The way I read it was that Edo's father is only his father and his sister's are half-sisters. The second season is something that is up in the air as to if I will translate. I only promise to do the first season which is 463 (I think) chapters. So yeah, I have less than 400 chapters to go before I fulfill my promise.

@theowww Must have been a very slow life. Well, at the pace of what the farm fields grew at. When it was ready to harvest or planting, everything went by fast. Being out in the clean air is certainly something worth living for.

@n3p1c1 Thank you for the catches, I don't mind if you do. The process I have is made that I am the last one who edits and proofreads the chapter but doesn't always catch everything. Thank you for that. I have known professional doctors and nurses who are heavy drinkers and smokers despite meeting people who are barely alive from lung and liver issues. So seeing her being a drinker isn't surprising.

@KreamPunk But wait, there's more!

@moel Depends on who you talk to. Some treat night of love as commitment while others treat it as a fling.

@Cormin Dice gods have chosen you, Can I use your comment?

@beritbunny Thank you for your comment. I do enjoy seeing people able to read this. Sadly, MD is having sporadic problems, I'm hoping they will fix it really SOON but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread