Amina of the Lamp - Ch. 10

Thank you so much for the releases! The story is so interesting :)

I can't understand the world building here. I'm beyond confused. The author seemed mixed cultures they found interesting, but didn't pretty much researched about it. I guess, this leaves to the plot.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Trollity Err what is there not to understand? I mean, I understand it pretty well i think. Magic world got rekt, forest turned into a desert. Kingdom turned into Discount Aladdin.

From what I understand so far, Amina was pretty much from the time of Roman(?) occupation of that land I assume to be some where in maybe Turkey and ended in a rebellion/revolt. Now 300 years later, Amina is woken up by Jackal. The land would pretty much end up changing considering what could have happened like severe deforestation since people would use wood to build homes and other stuff which would lead to the deserts.

I'm somewhat glad that there are restrictions to Amina's abilities. After all, the story would have ended much faster if she was able to heal the father.

@Nep To clarify, I'm not saying that because I can't understand, anyone other than me can't understand the world building. Maybe the way the author delivered the comic's worldbuilding is effective to others, but it isn't rather effective to me. Btw, still reading this tho.

Aggregator gang
Hmm, why can't i get rid of Will Smith's image off my mind when reading this 😂

Thank you so much for the batch release!

Uwaah, I hope no one found out that he sneaked in there with Amina.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Trollity no. I'm asking because it feels like you are talking about something else when you mean worldbuilding. Wasn't trying to sound offensive. Like there is something more that I'm overlooking.

@July_Daydreamer nope not delirious. I think it was just Jackal who was thinking of his brother.

@ElfBrony If you reread the previous chapters, you'll know that she tried to use the lamp to turn back time. She tried doing it in a similar way to teleportation - break down the body, then recreate it (for teleportation, recreate in another place, for time travel, recreate in another time). But, you cannot go back in time. So the broken down body had nowhere to go, it could only stay attached to the lamp in a weird non-existence state. If the lamp is activated by blood she can use that as a medium to recreate her body in the real world. At least, this is how I understood it.

Zmk

@Trollity I think I understand what you are saying. The mixture of cultures seems rather disjointed, especially if you are familiar to it. As if the author didnt research well enough but just to add in the story. It probably works for others, but does feel rather odd to someone who knows about it. For example, the appearance military clothes in a seemingly pre-modernized era in an Arab desert.

For others who are reading this comment, it doesnt mean I am disliking the storytelling here. Its interesting.

Thank you so much for the mass release! I'm really enjoying this series.

I bet he won't want to use his last wish anymore eventually ;)

Users who are viewing this thread