Ano Toki Tasukete Itadaita Monster Musume desu. - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
God damn harem tag added afterwards. I got jabaited.

But since I started reading, I'll at least continue for a few more chapters. I just don't want to see a girl heartbroken because of the usual harem tropes

Dex-chan lover
Nice an another chapter, you guys are just pumping this out. New girl alert, going to be interesting to see what happens

Dex-chan lover
He was never powerful. He is a 'failure'. From reading it has been 20 years since he was summoned but he also mentioned it being 10 years. I think he tried to be a hero for 10 years, failed because he was weak, with the only 'hero' thing he did being saving those 5 monsters that were being experimented on. Then 10 years as a low class teacher due to him being weak makes a total of 20 years. So he is mid 30's age wise if he was summoned as a teen or almost 40 if he was like a senior in HS.
He isn't weak by any means, you can check the extent of his power as a magician in ch5. Also, the spider girl is stacked too lol.

Dex-chan lover
A new one already!! Whoa this is gonna be harem ending because we only have 2 chapters for the girl introduction.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, another monster girl.
And, people won't stop spoiling who she is.
Bruh. They showed off her goddamn spider legs under her dress when she showed up this chapter. Pay attention.

So, he knew her 20 years back, but now she's in the body of a 16 year old.

I am trying to figure out if she's of legal age. Monster life spans are weird.
I think it's more that 20 years ago is when he came over. He was a hero for a time, then gave it up and became a teacher, which he was doing for those young monsters; then the building was destroyed and the monsters were taken away to be experimented on, and he destroyed the tanks and set them free. After some time, he ended up teaching biology at this facility.

Dex-chan lover
wait, 16 human years. Has she only been in human firm that long, or is this a dog year type thing... cause I thought 20 years had passed
Probably 4 years + whatever time spent growing as a krackenling then 16 years as a humanoid. I assume she separated the time she spent as a tiny octopus from the time she's spent after the mutation.

Dex-chan lover
Really rubs me the wrong way how he was a powerful hero that's so weak now. Has he just degraded with age and lack of practice with magic, or does he have some trauma with his power? I guess he also hasn't had any reason to use it so is just another secretly strong character thats going to wow everyone around him once he reveals it. Either way I hope he snaps out of his meekness soon
Was it ever stated how strong he was? He was a summoned hero so we assume he’s strong but have no real basis for that. Aside from that, he seems to have been deemed a failure by the kingdom/people for not going along with their plans.

That likely took a major toll on his confidence, and like you said it’s been long time since he was active. He likely also does have some trauma with his powers for being used by the Kingdom to do some unsavory stuff in the past.

Dex-chan lover

I think of it as reclassing in fire emblem
claudia had reached max level/stats in monster form but then changed classes to monster girl so her levels reverted back in appearance but keep the age of mentality

so I believe she’s technically early 20‘s to mid 20’s In monster years

Dex-chan lover
Oh no don’t be a monster harem please

This was always going to be a harem.

I thought the "20 years" from the previous chapter was just a bad translation or typo and it should have said "10 years." Considering the translation quality, it makes sense.

Dex-chan lover
It could be a bit of all those you mentioned. He is definitely older and after realizing what was being done to those he saved he would be a bit weaker mentally and physically. And yes he definitely doesn’t have a reason to show off. Though, I’m betting if there are any people like the pompous teacher from previous chapter, hee’s probably still stronger than them, if only because they were just “big fish in little pond” type people and not actually strong.
Yeah this is your typical wish fulfillment manga in a prettier package than normal so thats very likely going to happen. People love the trope of MC proving others wrong and showing off how powerful he is

Think of it as PTSD, he was in charge and in the lead of pure war crimes, realized he was committing war crimes, and stopped because of it. As a result he no longer wants to do the stuff that reminds him of his past probably.
That said, there's 100% going to be a plot device that causes him to 'overcome' his past one way or another, whether he goes on to end the story going 'i'm going on a trip with this power because with great power comes great responsibility' or 'but i'm fine with my life here' is another thing though.
Yeah it most likely could be war crimes and him being riddled with guilt. Or maybe trauma from being unable to save others. But yeah its going to be the 2 girls, possibly more cause why not, pushing him to be better and overcoming it

It's weird how "The Magician from Another World" is teaching Biology in the first place. in the flashbacks he was also teaching spells, not Biology.
If I had to guess, he's probably in a place where no one knows him. The "Hero" is probably a fugitive for destroying a government R&D facility.
This would make the most sense to me but at the same time how would the octo girl and spider girl find him if he was in hiding? Theres definitely a lot of questions that need to be answered and we wont get those answers for a while I think cause thats just how these types of manga go

Was it ever stated how strong he was? He was a summoned hero so we assume he’s strong but have no real basis for that. Aside from that, he seems to have been deemed a failure by the kingdom/people for not going along with their plans.

That likely took a major toll on his confidence, and like you said it’s been long time since he was active. He likely also does have some trauma with his powers for being used by the Kingdom to do some unsavory stuff in the past.
Yeah its hard to gauge how strong he was but from the few panels in his flashback he seemed fairly powerful. The fireball he conjured was larger than he was and the explosion it gave off seemed pretty big. Also based on the destruction he was surrounded by when he was holding spider girl he would either have pretty high durability or attack power. Assuming that scene wasnt just him being too late to save her

Users who are viewing this thread