Any Bioresource Science Engineers around?

Fed-Kun's army
Hey guys, how's your day been?

Uni wants me to interview someone working in bioresource (read: paper-making), but its pretty niche and small, so I've been having difficulty finding someone TvT Hopefully there'll be more on the wide web~~

I've come up with 4 short questions; it'd be a lifesaver if you could answer even like two or three of them!

1. In your experience, do bioresource science and engineering (BSE) graduates work almost exclusively making paper and paper-like products such as napkins and wipes? What else might they make?
2. Which do you think bioresource engineers end up with a job doing more often: research for products intended for sale, or research for the sake of research?
3. Do bioresource engineers spend most of their time hands-on making the product, or in the lab researching the “best” method of production? (Or about 50/50?)
4. Besides paper-making know-how, what specific skills or perspectives do bioresource engineers have that may be different from the other engineering streams?

and of course:
5. Any manga with anything to do with this subject?

Dex-chan lover
Probs have better luck on reddit than MD kiddo.

But seriously that's a real niche industry, goodluck

Does bioresource have to exclusively be related to paper-making? I imagine it could also apply to pharmaceuticals or biotechs that work with DNA, cell cultures, or synthesizing biological compounds.

Dex-chan lover
You're asking if anyone have a niche profession in an already relatively niche community, good luck tho. Hope your uni goes well

Dex-chan lover
You might try to reach these guys: https://www.billerudkorsnas.com/media/press-releases/2019/billerudkorsnas-first-to-produce-paper-battery-on-a-paper-machine

We have a paper mill in my town. My next-door neighbor worked there, but he was in forestry management. Here's the contact info page for the mill, you might be able to contact them and get to a person that can help you. Good Luck.
https://www.pixelle.com/contact-us

Users who are viewing this thread