Ao Ashi - Ch. 355 - Barca's Metronome

Dex-chan lover
this is BS, before Pep and after Pep Barca played in a different way with different managers. Total football was made by Cruyff but I don't remember LVG or Rijkaard playing Tika Taka. Same goes to Tito and Luis Enrique.

Dex-chan lover
this is BS, before Pep and after Pep Barca played in a different way with different managers. Total football was made by Cruyff but I don't remember LVG or Rijkaard playing Tika Taka. Same goes to Tito and Luis Enrique.
I mean, sure, the way Barca played is indeed different under each managers but the core ideas in every successful era of Barcelona has always been following Cruyffism. Possession of the ball has always been a priority and Lamasia has always, ALWAYS been under the influence from Cruyff and later Pep. So it's not BS to say that most Lamasia graduates lives and breath with the philosophy that Cruyff created and Pep perfected, even to the point that during this era of stagnation and rebuilding for the club, there are opinions that perhaps sticking too true to Cruyff's teaching has hindered the club, making it too stubborn and impossible for any total rebuild

Banned
You don't know what you're talking about.

The roots of what would develop into tiki-taka began to be implemented by Johan Cruyff during his tenure as manager of Barcelona from 1988 to 1996.[16] The style of play continued to develop under fellow Dutch managers Louis van Gaal and Frank Rijkaard and has been adopted by other La Liga teams.[16][17]

Pep Guardiola managed Barcelona from 2008 to 2012, winning 14 titles. Under his guidance, tiki-taka was established. This was partly due to Guardiola's visionary coaching, partly due to an exceptional generation of players, many of whom had been schooled in La Masia's idiosyncratic style, and partly due to Barcelona's ability to sustain intense pressure on the ball.[20][21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki-taka#FC_Barcelona

Dex-chan lover
You don't know what you're talking about.

The roots of what would develop into tiki-taka began to be implemented by Johan Cruyff during his tenure as manager of Barcelona from 1988 to 1996.[16] The style of play continued to develop under fellow Dutch managers Louis van Gaal and Frank Rijkaard and has been adopted by other La Liga teams.[16][17]

Pep Guardiola managed Barcelona from 2008 to 2012, winning 14 titles. Under his guidance, tiki-taka was established. This was partly due to Guardiola's visionary coaching, partly due to an exceptional generation of players, many of whom had been schooled in La Masia's idiosyncratic style, and partly due to Barcelona's ability to sustain intense pressure on the ball.[20][21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki-taka#FC_Barcelona
No YOU don't know what you're talking about. Total football is different than Tika Taka. What they are doing right now in this series is tika taka cause the author wanked the Pep era Barca. Tika Taka was inspired by Total Football but they are not the same at all. The only similarity is passing the ball quick and accurate while under pressure. The shape and distance between passes is different. LVG and Rijkaard plays TF not Tika Taka. In this chapter, when the ball failed to reach its target, the Pep philosophy which is to immediately regain the possession was mentioned. TF was never about regaining possession if you lose the ball. It was about maintaining the shape regardless who has the ball. In the same chapter, they showed Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. That was Pep era. Final 2 page, they said Esperion philosophy of playing possession football for 10 years will be slightly different based on managers but Barca never changed. Hence why I call it BS because it applies to them more about them playing possession football but it will be slightly different due to managerial changes.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, sure, the way Barca played is indeed different under each managers but the core ideas in every successful era of Barcelona has always been following Cruyffism. Possession of the ball has always been a priority and Lamasia has always, ALWAYS been under the influence from Cruyff and later Pep. So it's not BS to say that most Lamasia graduates lives and breath with the philosophy that Cruyff created and Pep perfected, even to the point that during this era of stagnation and rebuilding for the club, there are opinions that perhaps sticking too true to Cruyff's teaching has hindered the club, making it too stubborn and impossible for any total rebuild
Final 2 page, they said Esperion philosophy of playing possession football for 10 years will be slightly different based on managers but Barca never changed. This is the BS part. Tika Taka and Total Football is different play wise. One could say Tika Taka improved the Cruyff Total Football. Best example is Spain 2010 and Netherlands 2012

Dex-chan lover
All 3 are a bit too buffed and Busi is defo too bulked up, but Iniesta and Chavi was pretty torso-heavy for their shorter frame. They rided challenges like nothing and that's the physical aspect of their game, they are not Bryan Gil lol

Dex-chan lover
I think the author is little bit straying from reality here lol
Maybe author is correct in context of La Masia, but after they entered senior team, it is a whole different story. They can adjust to unattractive non-tiki taka football there. And usually only fewer than half of the team are coming from academy.

Dex-chan lover
I think the author is little bit straying from reality here lol
Maybe author is correct in context of La Masia, but after they entered senior team, it is a whole different story. They can adjust to unattractive non-tiki taka football there. And usually only fewer than half of the team are coming from academy.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe in the youth league they've had the same coach forever or at least the same training regime.

Bruuuuh sooooo salty, I understand how Barcelona youth development is but definitely the author does not know much about football. I mean Busquets is no playmaker ?!!

Dex-chan lover
Theese barca teams need to read blue lock and start making a fricking OP striker. it doesnt matter if your possesion is 99% if no one can shoot goal.

Users who are viewing this thread