Ao Ashi - Ch. 369 - The Fact That I Survived

Dex-chan lover
Really good demonstration of the thing that a kid have to go through to be able to play in lower divisions, not the top ones mind you, the lower division. I read somewhere that the players in the top league like Laliga, Premier League etc..even those that played for the small clubs like Cadiz, Granada and stuff, belong to the 0,1% of the young prospects that cut it. Those players has already been qualified as best of the best. And to be able to become a bench or squad player for a big club like Barcelona, you must be one of the few dozen bright prospects in the academies, and to become world class....the percentage are so so small. The atmosphere and competition can genuinely crush a child

Double-page supporter
Thank you very much for sharing the chapter

Y'know i would prefer blue lock absurdity instead of this. Are you telling me since you decided to not fired guy A, guy B should take the brunt? Please tell me this exact situation is only story dramatization, cause by no means i can say this fair

Dex-chan lover

Y'know i would prefer blue lock absurdity instead of this. Are you telling me since you decided to not fired guy A, guy B should take the brunt? Please tell me this exact situation is only story dramatization, cause by no means i can say this fair
That's how sport is, to make it to the top means hundred, no thousand or even hundred of thousands are discarded, a literal war of survival within every academy. If you are not as good, you are out, simple as that. Especially considering that this is Barcelona's famous La Masia, where youth players are often called up as backup or future starters for the first team. As such, this type of ruthless elimination is essential to the club to either get good future players or to sell them for big money in the future. It's the same with Madrid's La Fabrica, with Chelsea's Cobham or United's Carrington or just any academies honestly.

That doesn't mean Mauro isn't out of football completely yet. He could try his luck in other academies, and if he is actually good, a spot in a midtable or even a top club isn't out of the question yet. It's just that he is not rated by Barcelona, but other clubs might decided to take him in

Dex-chan lover
it is what it is sadly, kids in big academies are absolutely the best of the batch. But top players are unfortunately 0.1% athletes. Like yuri said they could come back to local teams and play until 12-13, local scouts from Espanyol, from Girona, from other teams could pick them up.
I think both takes could be true:
1. Developments is NOT linear, but good academies have incredibly harsh criteria.
2. its a dramatic choice to use the u11 age group, but its true in real life and there are other options.

Last edited:
it is what it is sadly, kids in big academies are absolutely the best of the batch. But top players are unfortunately 0.1% athletes. Like yuri said they could come back to local teams and play until 12-13, local scouts from Espanyol, from Girona, from other teams could pick them up.
I think both takes could be true:
1. Developments is NOT linear, but good academies have incredibly harsh criteria.
2. its a dramatic choice to use the u11 age group, but its true in real life and there are other options.
even less, i saw that its 1 in a million to go to a top level academy and its one in a 1000 of that 0.00001% to end up in a top team

Fed-Kun's army

did you never try to be part of a team in your entire life? the survivor guilt is real. going in with your buddies and only you ending up making the team. you cant spend time with your buddies because you have to practice and some even resent you for it.

yeah it's ruthless but if u are football fans this thing is very common in football. even talented player like ansu fati end up in brighton

Group Leader
yeah it's ruthless but if u are football fans this thing is very common in football. even talented player like ansu fati end up in brighton
he isn't even the best striker in brighton anymore lol. not even #3 maybe

To be fair, in the last 10 years or so it has become a lot more common for many countries to ban competition in sports for kids aged 6-12, only introducing it beyond age 13. I can't say if this prevents clubs and academies from handpicking stand out kids and give them special treatment early, but it has this very obvious "everyone gets a medal" feeling to it that clearly isn't displayed here.

Users who are viewing this thread