Ao Ashi - Vol. 19 Ch. 195 - Tripone Rufin (2)

For anyone interested, there's an awesome series on youtube called BlackInJapan that interviews in-depth black Japanese citizens, or just black foreigns about the ups and downs of living in a Japanese society.

This hurts. It hurts reading this chapter because it paints the picture of racial injustice, racial difference that everyone faces. It is one of the most prominent issues of America, but it is present in the rest of the world as well.

It is a challenge that no era of humanity has overcomed. The time where people can be judged by the content of their character rather than their skin is close, but that small distance feels like a million miles away.

Someday we will get there, but someday is too far away for some.

This hit home a bit. I do have to say if you're lucky to make dependable friends and allies, acceptance of others and oneself is easier.

Wow, That went deep. You can still see racism in teams based on religion and ethnicity. They showed a side of football people might not see.

I can't even escape from being reminded of how people view the color of my skin from a FKIN MANGA BRUH?!!!

Double-page supporter
Oh wow, a manga, a japan based comic, talk about skin color discrimination? We've come so far, good for them opening up this issues

Users who are viewing this thread