Ao Ashi - Vol. 20 Ch. 205 - Road

So after sending the top players overseas, it will end up becoming something like the Japan team being made up Esperion players or something? Or they will call back players later on and try to move Esperion up to world level. That will be very interesting xD.

AHHHHHH *SCREAMS*
idk why this chapter is so cool to me help
thank u so much for ur hardwork!!! even going as far as to translate the contract. u guys r amazing

A+ effort for translating the contract, really - although I quickly skimmed through it 😂. Thanks as always!

I feel like the intention is good but if Kuribayashi is really good, the team can easily get 15-20 million euros or even more if he is really world class, is that really a wise amount to turn down.
And not like if he is really good that teams wont buy him just because of transfer fees.
Imagine how much they can invest in development of future players with that.

If anything, having a large transfer fee will encourage teams all over Japan to also develop their youths and give massive publicity and open the roads for future players.

Feels unrealistically naive.

Doesn't Kuri need his parents or gaurdians to sign that contract? He's only 16...

Holy shit, I'm 16 lmao.

Same feeling. If the idea was to set him to go wherever he wants, fine, but it doesn't prevent to have a transfer fee. Just get an agreement with the team he'll choose, and take their offer whatever it is, you also deserve it cause you made the player grow. That's how a team which respect their players' will usually proceed.

@dtzdtz

Not sure how it is in Japan, but in countries like France or Germany, youth player contract lengths cannot be more than three years or so. That would at least be an explanation why Takefusa Kubo could go to Real for free.

Otherwise I would really wonder why Esperion did not just give Kuribayashi a 5 year contract with a fair release clause. Same outcome for Kuribayashi if he 'makes' it, negligible risk for Esperion if he doesn't. The youth academy, with dorm, training facilities, full-time coaches etc, also does not exactly come for free and a transfer fee for the graduates that actually manage to become and stay pros should be necessary to fund the expenses for the raising of many players that don't.

@dtzdtz I think there is a bigger goal than making money. Fukuda and the club's aim is to make of Japan and Esperion a batch of worldclass players. And we know for a fact that in football what makes a club/country great is history and not (entirely) money. You should compare Japan with Brazil, nowadays Brazil is sending young promising players in Europe with big checks. Why? Because we know through history that Brazil can have fantastic players, so European clubs dare to bet on them. And Kuri is the one who has to lead the way for Japanese football. So yeah it sounds naive but I understand the aim.

Thanks for the chapter.

Even if Kuri doesn't go overseas after turning 18 I doubt he will go to another J-club even if they offer better conditions. The terms of the contract even if they seem unfavourable to Esperion will push him to do his best for the class so he can live up to the great expectations they have of him.

@ dtzdtz its too naive to be real, but its manga and if its for the sake of kuri, i can understand, as if the age of the player alone will put so much pressure, imagine if millions also being put on his trf fee

Users who are viewing this thread