Ao Ashi - Vol. 23 Ch. 237.5 - Ao Ashi x Giant Killing Special

Fed-Kun's army
This was adorable!!! 10 min of Kobayashi sensei simping after his idol. It's really precious to see how the author of great manga has doubts and insecurities, sometimes I forget they are everyday people like us (crazy, I know). I'm not familiar with the other manga or sensei but Kobayashi made a really good observation about the way sports manga are drawn (Angles and perspectives of course) I've only noticed the gesture of the characters while playing, Kobayashi sensei is really good at interpreting weight and speed while maintaining a realistic anatomy (For any references look at the manga Blue Lock, the characters look like they are skiing instead of running), but I never paused for a second and thought about the angles.
My favorite part was the commentary about Fukuda, "Sometimes it looks like he is just making up excuses" I. FUCKING.KNEW. IT XDDDD

Thank you, much more than a typical chapter to translate! Great to see the shout out to Slam Dunk

Together with Be Blues these two manga's offer a nice overview of Japanese football:
- be blues for the high school route in football
- ao ashi for the youth teams
- and if you manage to survive both: giant killing is waiting.

Thnx for translating!

@alex_79 yep. Gotta read giant killing next. Blue lock I read first, more flashy but still good. Then ao ashi till 90 cos I caughr up. Then be blues which was just other worldly. Then, finally binging the rest of Ao ashi as it caught up with raws (I had a few mi ths off). The world of football manga is amazing. I love it even more cos I have great and sad memories of playi g football myself.

Ahhhh, this is too precious! Two accomplished mangakas of the same genres discussing their work is just really interesting. I hope there's more collab like this out there

Wow will both of them make a collab special manga edition in which there'd be a crossover between Ao Ashi and Giant Killing

Users who are viewing this thread