Ao Ashi - Vol. 7 Ch. 70 - Please Tell Me

Double-page supporter
Now this is something I never thought of. Interesting development

BBP is always on top of their stuff as far
as I can tell lol 😂. Thanks for the release

Thanks a lot for the chapter!

Little bit confused, didn't Fukuda tell the B team coach that he actually wants Aoi to play fullback like for ever? And not just to learn and develop skills for a playmaking position?

Going for the Dani Alves approach, this seems interesting. Thanks for the chapter, keep it up

@Arfyl more like Lampard, i guess. A central midfielder that moves upfront then might be able to score himself. Or even Scholes, who's strictly distributing ball in the midfield and shooting from 2nd line

@shase eternal full-back on B team, but might change once he move unto the A-team

I think what they aim is creating a playmaker in the full-back position, something that actually has been tried lately by some clubs IRL

The most obvious is probably Liverpool, with Trent Alexander-Arnold who is not afraid to create fast one-two or long passes.
https://medium.com/@Mase159/full-back-as-playmaker-83d01199d89f

Power Uploader
Do note this chapter was published in 2017. The manga is current or sometimes even ahead with the concepts it presents.

@shase
Little bit confused, didn't Fukuda tell the B team coach that he actually wants Aoi to play fullback like for ever? And not just to learn and develop skills for a playmaking position?
reread chapter 63
9-9cbfd36921fa8d9334887647dcd812114052059ea4be2aa4ebec989f6a0d61cd.jpg

@sutradere Absolutely correct

Fullback as playmaker is essential for 4-3-3 formation because front 3 is basically 1 false 9 with 2 inside forward. Modern football emphasis a good vision football and player like Marcelo, TAA, Robertson, or Kimmich is an integral part for their team success.

Era of traditional fullback like Zanetti, Gary Neville, or Lizarazu maybe not over yet but right now footballer is participating at all phase rather than only defensive or offensive unit

@gintamacountry I reread chapter 63, and from what I understood Fukuda always wanted Aoi to play DF, since the selection. The only reason they let him play FW was to learn the basics on a position he already knew without forcing to much information on him at once.. I haven't seen a hint from Fukuda where Aio at DF is just a stepping stone for another position.
I reread chapter 70 and now understand that Togashi and the other dude are saying that they think he will be a playmaker from the fullback position and not that he will move to another position. All that Xavi example made my brain biased regarding what I read the first time.xD

Users who are viewing this thread