Arcane Sniper - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

I cant be the only that thought the Cover art looked like Grid??

udk

what a unique way to begin i was expecting something like he was stuck or betrayed but this questions

Fed-Kun's army
couldn't he still shoot a rifle? He just lost his legs, which shouldn't really affect your marksmanship right?

I saw a bunch of people confused about what happened on reaper's website, so here's an explaination. Essentially, Ha Seeha is one of the greatest snipers around. In a freak ammunition accident, he gets intense nerve damage, almost losing his ability to walk entirely, and he has no way to pay for the 1.8 Million USD to fix it. One day, while he's on a treadmill, he collapses. What follows is either a visualization of him dying, or just his legs dying. The "devil" makes a deal with him, and pulls him back into real life. Since the devil doesn't make him able to walk immediately, I'm entirely assuming that the little cousin and Seeha's aunt were actually able to buy the VR capsule via supernatural interference. In exchange for his "legs" back, the devil now owns 1 bullet that he fires. It's not exactly clear whether this is in-game, or IRL, but I'm assuming it's real life. This basically means that the devil can interfere with wherever the 7th bullet he fires hits. The last few sentences and stuff are just the devil talking to herself about stuff, I think it's pretty self-explanatory. In all fairness, though, Seeha didn't necessarily agree to the terms and conditions of the Devil's contract, so maybe he could just pull a technicality and get off scott-free. I'm assuming not though.

Those quotes were a great theme setter. The devil seems more real than virtual, I look forward to her next apperance.

@camaku he was a spec op soldier, I doubt there would be a place for disabled marskman in the army or other typical occupations soldiers take after retiring. He could be an instructor, but guns probably aren't popular enough in Korea for that.

@Beezy, I don't really see Grid in the Cover art

@camaku, while yes, he is disabled in his legs, but since he can't walk, it would be useless for him to snipe since running is also a liability when sniping. Like if an enemy find out your sniping spot, and you either miraculously crawled you way up there, or allies dragged you to the spot. You need to get out of their as fast as you can, but since your disabled you can't get out of their fast, and there would be unnecessary deaths of your allies if they were to drag you. I find it personally better to relieve the injured person rather than send them into the field.

First of all, does the Korean Military not have insurance or something? Second of all who throws a 35+ pound can of ammo around? His sergeant, thats who. I dunno how they could say it was his own fault for catching (or trying to catch?) something thrown at him. Seems like a flimsy premise.

imagine careless ammo storage causes an accident that cost you your ability to walk your literal freedom to go where ever you want and all you get from from the ones reponsible is 300 bucks and get well soon card
Damn bruh this makes me sad.

mem

@saitoh514 i am pretty sure he would be set for life from the accident comp.

As far as i'm aware, all first world armies (except the US and sweden) would pay for all treatment and give him pension equivalent to at least the base professional soldier wage, likely equivalent to his own plus disability and housing/food costs

Fed-Kun's army
At first i was certain that it was a Vrmmo type series

Then he exploded so i said oh isekai then

But he didn't die...Vrmmo it is

Then i saw the suspicious dream scene so i thought it's an isekai

But in the end it was Vrmmo

Yes i didn't check the description at all

Dex-chan lover
I know it is just for the setting but that explosion was completely ridiculous. There is no way for an ammo can to blow up like that with out being tossed into a fire. It would have been much better to have a vehicle accident during training or for something heavy to fall on him while moving inventory.

Users who are viewing this thread