Ascendance of a Bookworm Official Comic Anthology - Vol. 2 Ch. 29 - The Meaning of Spider Lilies - Arata

Group Leader
growing-spider-lilies-lycoris-5111318-03-4392cbe197d240e88ceb64d831a687fe.jpg

Yeah, so those weren't Spider-Lilies. Anyone ID the flower the artist used?

Hey, did you know there are like dozens of species of Spider Lilies, and they can even crossbreed? So, the one in the manga is actually a type of Spider Lily, also known as the 'Long Tube Surprise Lily,' and sometimes called a 'White Spider Lily.' But hey, your confident declaration that they aren't spider lilies gave me a good chuckle! As someone who dabbles in growing flowers as a hobby, I can assure you, the sheer variety and overlap can be pretty overwhelming.

Fed-Kun's army
Tell me you're uncultured without telling me you're uncultured:

Wow well done :dogkek:

Honestly, I had no clue about the flower either, but considering it was translated from Japanese, I doubt they'd mess it up. Unless, of course, the author got it wrong themselves, which could happen. Still, I'd bet the author knows more about Eastern flowers than some Western person who conflates all spider lilies together.

Anyway, @meccaflare Thank you, this chapter was an absolute banger. Also How did you manage to time a Valentines-ish chapter with Valentines day. Probably just the Gods at work here.

Praise be to the Gods!

Last edited:
Group Leader
Anyway, @meccaflare Thank you, this chapter was an absolute banger. Also How did you manage to time a Valentines-ish chapter with Valentines day. Probably just the Gods at work here.

Praise be to the Gods!
We were absolutely thrilled that the timing of the Valentine's chapter has turned out to be spot on, thanks to the impeccable weaving of our fate by Dregarnuhr, the Goddess of Time.

Praise be to the Gods! ꐕ

Thank you for translating the story. It made me smile.

Thank you, I'm glad that it did. ꐕ

Users who are viewing this thread