Ascendance of a Bookworm Official Comic Anthology - Vol. 2 Ch. 34 - Fight, Maiden, For Life Is Short - Nakashima Tai

Dex-chan lover
What a friendship
Sadly their contact stop once Rozemyne become Aub Alexandria

Unlike Gutenburgs who follow her to the new land Frieda's contract means she's staying in Ehrenfest.
Her contact stops even before that (if i remember right), as she basically doesn't appear in-front of Myne/Rozemyne much. The last they meet was in Part 4 Vol.9 from what i remember.

Dex-chan lover
Her contact stops even before that (if i remember right), as she basically doesn't appear in-front of Myne/Rozemyne much. The last they meet was in Part 4 Vol.9 from what i remember.

while it's not on-screen contact before the royal adoption stuffs Rozemyne would be involved with much of negotiation with lower city's merchants which means Frieda can be there.

then when the adoption stuff happen Rozemyne has to start handing over the job to other people, but she will at least be there in person for a bit to ensure the new group is doing fine.

it's only after Rozemyne properly move out that any in-person meeting between them become impossible.

What a friendship
Sadly their contact stop once Rozemyne become Aub Alexandria

Unlike Gutenburgs who follow her to the new land Frieda's contract means she's staying in Ehrenfest.
this is major spoiler do not look

Dex-chan lover
Will Freida became someone important later on? So she knows what happen to Myne?

Not really. After Myne becomes Rosemyne, Freida finds out about it because she has a magic contract with her and it gets magically updated to Rosemyne's name. She is eventually sold a share and management of the restaurant that Myne started so Benno can concentrate on other projects. But Frieda's minor role becomes smaller over time until she no longer gets mentioned. Remember Frieda also has a contract to become Damuel's older brother's 3rd(?) wife so she can't follow her when she becomes Aub Alexandria like the members of Gutenburgs.

Dex-chan lover
Not really. After Myne becomes Rosemyne, Freida finds out about it because she has a magic contract with her and it gets magically updated to Rosemyne's name. She is eventually sold a share and management of the restaurant that Myne started so Benno can concentrate on other projects. But Frieda's minor role becomes smaller over time until she no longer gets mentioned. Remember Frieda also has a contract to become Damuel's older brother's 3rd(?) wife so she can't follow her when she becomes Aub Alexandria like the members of Gutenburgs.
Thank you. I thought Myne will still talk about her because if I am not wrong she is her first friend. So who will hear about the recipes from Myne?

Whoa this is the first time I know about that third wife. I thought Damuel’s romance luck is so poor that he can’t even get a wife? But he will eventually able to get multiple wifes???

Dex-chan lover
Thank you. I thought Myne will still talk about her because if I am not wrong she is her first friend. So who will hear about the recipes from Myne?

Whoa this is the first time I know about that third wife. I thought Damuel’s romance luck is so poor that he can’t even get a wife? But he will eventually able to get multiple wifes???

Fried's contract to be a laynoble's thrid wife was stated almost at the start when the character was introduce back when Benno was looking into the Eating Disease. We later find out down the road that her contracted husband is Dameul's older brother during the shrine maiden appentice ight before the adoption arc.

Myne has her own personal cooks but importance of of recipes is greatly diminished once she starts the school arc. Outside Gutenburg and her commoner direct family, minor characters like Freida, her cooks, the gray priests, etc are more or less greatly disministhed or out right disappears since they are not longer pertanent to the story.

Damuel's romance luck is rotten because of his magic power and noble standing. He's considered a laynoble (lower) with mednoble (middle) magic power. His magic power to high to be of a match for the women on the same level. No mednoble woman wants to marry down and end up become a laynoble. Brigitte ws the only exception because of family issue and she was considering it to bring him up and into her family to help to help manage her family's land. But because of secrets and stuff, he's not really allowed to leave Rosemyne's service. There is one laynoble girl in Rosemyne's aide group that is interested and will possibly match his magic power by the time she graduates but because of the age gap, having to wait for her to come of age, and him being on the dense side, he doesn't see her in that way. It's like a 12 year old chasing after a 18 year old.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
the contract she has with Henrik (that's damuels brothers name) isn't for one of a wife (as she will never be accepted into the nobility) but one of a servant with a few stipulations.

Dex-chan lover
the contract she has with Henrik (that's damuels brothers name) isn't for one of a wife (as she will never be accepted into the nobility) but one of a servant with a few stipulations.

I was slightly off. You're right it wasn't to be a wife. Based off WN, she signed a contract to be a mistress/concubine (愛妾). Now I don't know if that was changed off the Japanese LN as I haven't read that or the official English LN. I believe being a mistress would be higher status and allowed her more standing than that of a servant.

Users who are viewing this thread