Aspe-chan - Ch. 15 - Asperger's and Self Esteem

Aggregator gang
And even in the extraordinary case that someone comes to realize they misjudged you, they don't apologize for the harm they caused you. Usually, they refuse to even believe they did damage. And if and when you come to understand, as an adult, just how much unjustly they treated you, how much harm they caused you with effects lasting to the present day, how angry you have a right to really be? You know that they will never be held accountable. They will never compensate you. And whatever happiness you may find in the future from the growth you achieve now, you have forever lost the childhood happiness you could've had, were it not for the apathetic, presumptuous, I'm-sure-this-kid-is-lying callousness of the adults around you.

*sigh*

Oh yes. I relate to this so much. Poor Aspe-chan was gaslighted here, with the teacher refusing to believe her and pretty much traumatized her for life. I don't have a lot of memories of this, but when I was younger, I was assigned one-to-one aids by my elementary school, but they were just local parents from the neighborhood instead of people who knew about autism. From what my mother told me, these two aides were quite cruel to me, often yelling at me a lot for seemingly no reason. My parents forced the school to change aides, and they did, but the cruelty continued. At one point, my mom threatened to call the police and take the school to court, and I did eventually get another, nicer aide. I remember her being Hispanic, but that's about it. I also remember she had a daughter who I think didn't like me, but again, I have very few memories. But yeah, it can really hurt when you know you're not doing something wrong, but people completely flip their shit at you and act like you did, blowing the situation out of proportion and subjecting you to verbal abuse that you didn't warrant or deserve. It doesn't help that mental illnesses such as autism aren't that well understood in Japan because of the country's draconian desire for conformity. I've heard that Japanese society doesn't even believe in mental illnesses, with anyone who's genuinely mentally ill being told that any problems they have are just because of their own personality flaws, that they're somehow assholes for not conforming to Japan's social standards, and that they need to stop whining and get their shit together so they don't inconvenience others. Yeah, it's stupid and shitty, I know.

Fed-Kun's army
Still happens and they'll never understand. So sadly we have to adapt or just constantly get harassed like this.

Double-page supporter
My kindergarten teacher would yell and insult me saying I would never amount to anything just cause I couldn’t properly speak English felt horrible I always felt like I was wrong or stupid I still stutter my words to this day cause her...if I can find her grave I would dance on top of it

Users who are viewing this thread