Asumi-chan is Interested in Lesbian Brothels! - Vol. 5 Ch. 21

Aggregator gang
Honestly, I don't give a shit about Mai at this point, she doesn't pursue Asumi one bit and the chemistry with Nanao is very good. I still find it kind of funny that she went from shy to a sex beast, but that makes it even better.
I am aware that Nanao does not seem to be the endgame, but if they do not give me a polyamorous relationship or a good development with Mai, the mangaka definitely did not know how to close his/her story well or give it the correct development, because even Asumi has long forgotten about Mai and only goes to the brothel out of lust

Anyway, no matter what, I'll jump on the Nanao x Asumi ship, they're beautiful together in every way

Dex-chan lover
Looks like Asumi is going to hit the brothel again and I see many people here are worried it's going to wreck the Asumi Nanao relationship, but I think it might be a good development. Most people here think that the Asumi Nanao relationship is one way, but I think Asumi has already developed some feelings for Nanao and when Asumi goes back to the prostitutes she'll find the sex isn't the same as it is with Nanao. Also, I don't think Nanao is against Asumi going to the brothel, hell, I think she might join her.

Dex-chan lover
It's weird how so many always ship people when they fuck like rabbit in heat, they literaly dont need anything else to ship people in any story. I'm sure some will say "but Nanao love Asumi so much we saw her try her best..." TO FUCK MC.
It's been her aim for most of their relationship, she literaly cant diferanciate between her lust and anything.
If you look at all the girls in this story the "best" and "most healthy" relationship for MC would be to end up with Serina. She is literaly the one who has been the less weird and the most caring toward Asumi.

I kind of want to drop this, i read this with all the fun of hoping they'll somehow meet but its been 21 chapters and nanao seems to be a decent partner... I still want to root for mai but the no chemistry, no meeting, not even longing is killing my heart

Double-page supporter
I don't know why people think Asumi will end up with Nanao. It seems like Asumi is almost uncomfortable with how close they've gotten. Nanao doesn't seem to understand the concept of FwB, and is just using this a way to be a relationship with Asumi in all but name. It doesn't come across like Asumi has any romantic interest in her at all, especially if she spends so much time thinking about someone else. I hope they resolve this, because a one sided relationship is not a relationship at all.
I agree with what you're saying. They almost seem to have a perfect relationship, but it's so superficial - as you've said, Asumi doesn't seem to have any interest in Nanao, and her lack of boundaries with Nanao has put them in this strange limbo where they're basically dating but... not dating. Now, seeing as the manga is tagged as a harem, it's possible this will pan out very surface level and not lead to any conflict... but it totally should. Could even be leveraged to have Asumi let go of the past and stop chasing the seemingly unattainable ideal that is her childhood friend (can't be arsed to remember her name right now) (Mai) by getting together with Nanao... but that doesn't seem to be a likely direction for the series. My guess is they'll have to come back and set up some boundaries in a few chapters because Asumi is going to want to keep visiting brothels and Nanao might become jealous about that.

Double-page supporter
I kind of want to drop this, i read this with all the fun of hoping they'll somehow meet but its been 21 chapters and nanao seems to be a decent partner... I still want to root for mai but the no chemistry, no meeting, not even longing is killing my heart
At this point I think it's safe to say that Mai is sort of just an unattainable ideal. Both Mai and Asumi are clinging to such large "what ifs" that I think they're personal story arcs should revolve around letting go, at least with the direction the manga is going. Someone else said it perfectly - without suddenly having a ton of Mai/Asumi content, I think most people aren't going to root for them anymore. Sad turn of events, but so the story goes.

Double-page supporter
I still enjoy the story but at this point Mai is like an industry plant, and with barely any marketing. We're just supposed to want her to win out based on....?

Is it really any wonder that many are supporting actual developed character relationships over empty pinning for someone we essentially don't know, based on a non-crush from when they were basically toddlers?

The setup and choices of this manga have seemed suspect the more it's become clear that we really are supposed to view Mai as an end goal, rather than a catalyst. "I Won't Sleep With You for Free," is almost the same type of story but handles this specific issue much better.
Hit the nail on the head. Assumably, once Mai and Asumi meet, its over, which is why we have so many plot contrivances keeping them apart.

Double-page supporter
Looks like Asumi is going to hit the brothel again and I see many people here are worried it's going to wreck the Asumi Nanao relationship, but I think it might be a good development. Most people here think that the Asumi Nanao relationship is one way, but I think Asumi has already developed some feelings for Nanao and when Asumi goes back to the prostitutes she'll find the sex isn't the same as it is with Nanao. Also, I don't think Nanao is against Asumi going to the brothel, hell, I think she might join her.
Interesting reading. I might be inclined to agree, though I think Nanao's jealousy of Asumi going to brothels might be a more active agent in realizing their relationship than anything else - these guys are missing boundaries, and once they have them, the ship may sail (if the mangaka doesn't do something stupid to keep Mai in the picture)

Double-page supporter
What kills me the most is that this manga is only bi-monthly.

Dex-chan lover
can she just meet miss childhood friend, do the devils tango, then go back to sugar momma full time (but occasionally go to the brothel) BUT even more importantly can she screw her friend that introduced her to the whole thing plssss
"Ive been waiting for you Ouka-Sempai. We meet again at last. The Circle is now complete, when i left you i was but the learner, now i am the master"

I'm so conflicted. I did not think this manga would make me feel so many emotions. I want Asumi to pull a full-on reverse harem and collect them all.

am I the only one who still wants her to meet her childhood friend!?
The fact that they keep missing each other is getting increasingly frustrating. But also, she and Nanao are cute and I'll be sad if they have a falling out.

Dex-chan lover
Asumi is just a trash slut at this point… Well she was always a slut, but now she is just trash aswell

Users who are viewing this thread