Avenger of Mystical Eyes - Blood Parasite - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Objectively speaking, one teacher put the student in danger, the other one focused on protecting her instead of using this opportunity to counter-attack. Regardless of strength, one proved unfit for a teacher position in general, let alone a personal teacher.

They were even reminded to 1. not use high-level magic and 2. as teachers, keep their common sense intact. Blondie failed on both ends.
Unless the chairman (or whatever her title is) insists on playing politics at the expense of their alleged values, Blondie is out. Maybe even out as a teacher in that school.

Dex-chan lover
Objectively speaking, MC shouldn't have used his demon eyes so easily, exposing his hidden card (worse, it's his trump card!) in front of everyone. Even if the girl got injured, there should have been at least one capable healer in that place. And the blonde teacher will be more likely to get expelled.
Or maybe stupid writing, because why else would a student stood so close to teachers' magic duel? :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
Objectively speaking, MC shouldn't have used his demon eyes so easily, exposing his hidden card (worse, it's his trump card!) in front of everyone. Even if the girl got injured, there should have been at least one capable healer in that place. And the blonde teacher will be more likely to get expelled.
Or maybe stupid writing, because why else would a student stood so close to teachers' magic duel? :shamihuh:
I mostly disagree.

First, the exposition in an earlier chapter stated that demonic eyes do manifest in humans. Rarely, but with a high cost, so he can pretend that he rarely ever use them because he doesn't want to go blind or mad.
Second, his eyes has several powers. So this is revealing one trump card when he has several. It can even be beneficial as people will likely not suspect the multiple powers. Sometimes, revealing a partial truth helps hiding the whole truth.
Third, this easily builds trust with the girl. His eyes are potentially powerful, but they can also be easy to resist if you have the will to do so. Building trust without using them first will lower her defense.
Fourth, having healers on duty would make sense, but Blondie suddenly used high level magic here, so the girl might not survive this in the first place.

Though I definitely agree that the student being that close to the duel is stupidly bad writing, the MC's action itself isn't inconsistent.

Dex-chan lover
First, the exposition in an earlier chapter stated that demonic eyes do manifest in humans. Rarely, but with a high cost, so he can pretend that he rarely ever use them because he doesn't want to go blind or mad.
I re-read all previous chapters and I couldn't find this exposition that you mentioned. In the other hand, it looks like having a demon eye means that you're a demon. In chapter 5 a demon saw MC's demon eye and they immediately recognized MC as their demon brethren. That means that showing that he got demonic eyes is really detrimental for MC.

Edit: Nevermind. Stupid me missed re-reading chapter 0!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I re-read all previous chapters and I couldn't find this exposition that you mentioned.
Chapter 0. Right at the beginning.

As for Chapter 5, I assume it's rare enough that finding a sane demon eyes owner means said owner is most likely to be a demon.
Or even that human owners of demon eyes are not widely known.
Or demons consider humans with demon eyes the same as actual demons.

So the exposition in chapter 0 explicitly tells about both humans with demon eyes and the cost they bear while the encounter in chapter 5 is unclear. For now, I trust the narrator exposition more than a random character.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Chapter 0. Right at the beginning.

As for Chapter 5, I assume it's rare enough that finding a sane demon eyes owner means said owner is most likely to be a demon.
Or even that human owners of demon eyes are not widely known.
Or demons consider humans with demon eyes the same as actual demons.

So the exposition in chapter 0 explicitly tells about both humans with demon eyes and the cost they bear while the encounter in chapter 5 is unclear. For now, I trust the narrator exposition more than a random character.
Oh my god you're right. I feel so stupid. How did I miss re-reading the very first chapter? :notlikethis:

Power Uploader
Oh my god you're right. I feel so stupid. How did I miss re-reading the very first chapter? :notlikethis:
The author may have also retconned this, we took chapter 0 early on and it was later changed with less material. Since there was less material, we used the version we had and honestly haven't looked back at it as that would require paying the TL all over again for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
First the MC says he mustn't use the demon eyes in this duel, as the headmistress would spot it. Then he uses them anyway. Gotta love this kind of writing.

Users who are viewing this thread